Jambands.ca

Question of the day 02-18-03

Ms.Huxtable

I can't remember the name of the movie. It starred Cher as the mother of a son with a serious deformity that eventually killed him. The only song I remember from the soundtrack was Ripple, after the kid had passed. One of the more emotional scenes from any movie I can remember. I don't know if that qualifies as a soundtrack per se, but very powerful none the less. Oh yeah Easy Rider, Big Chill, and American Graffiti!

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead

Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits

2. Mile High - Morphine

3. On The Way Out - Freedy Johnston

4. Born Under A Bad Sign - Neville Brothers/Buddy Guy

5. The Thrill Is Gone - Dishwalla

6. Bittersweet - Big Head Todd And The Monsters

7. Get Out Of Denver - Blues Traveler

8. This Is My Life - Ape Hangers

9. She's A Superstar - Buddy Guy

10. Take Out Some Insurance On My Baby - Jimmy Reed

11. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash

12. You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You - Dean Martin

13. Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead - Warren Zevon

She's Having a Baby

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't care that I'm a loser who loves 80's sap songs. That movie has at least three of my all time favourite songs. And to grind in the unfairness of the world, they stopped making copies sometime back in the nineties, so I can't have an official copy!

oooh good question...i'm still leaning towards Reservoir Dogs...that soundtrack kicked my ass all over the place when it came out...

Also, although it's not a personal fave, you can't deny the impact 'Singles' had on the music scene circa early 90's-basically changed the direction of popular music at that time.

hnmmm this also brings to mind 'Repo Man' which is a personal fave...I was big into that shiiite in early high school, Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, Circle Jerks....i liked the bands too... [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by vermontdave:

I can't remember the name of the movie. It starred Cher as the mother of a son with a serious deformity that eventually killed him. The only song I remember from the soundtrack was Ripple, after the kid had passed. One of the more emotional scenes from any movie I can remember. I don't know if that qualifies as a soundtrack per se, but very powerful none the less. Oh yeah Easy Rider, Big Chill, and American Graffiti!

That would be Mask.

Archived