Jambands.ca

WHAT THE?: Adirondack Mountain Music Festiva

\/\/illy

We regret to inform you that Headspin has decided not to go ahead with the 3rd Annual Adirondack Mountain Music Festival this summer. We are sorry, but there will be no Adirondack Mountain Music Festival in 2004. Look for AMMF to possibly return in the winter or summer of 2005! Thanks to all the fans, artists, and staff who helped make AMMF 2003 a very special weekend! If you would like to visit the AMMF2003 website please click here. Please be advised that much of the information on this site is out of date as it pertains to AMMF2003 only. Thank you.

Headspin is currently devoting its energy toward other projects which we encourage you to check out. Headspin is once again proud to be working with the Telluride Society for Jazz on the 28th Annual Telluride Jazz Celebration August 6-8, 2004. For more information on Headspin Productions or any of our events, past, present and future, please visit our website at www.headspinpresents.com. If you have any questions regarding AMMF or any other Headspin event please direct them to info@headspinpresents.com. Once again, thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing from you.

I think you've got it right, Wi!!y ... I think it's a different promotional company that is putting on the festival. This year's web site is:

Adirondack Music Festival web site

I certainly hope this one happens again ... I had such a blast last year that I've got it on the calendar for this year. I've been getting into Ekoostik Hookah more and more lately and am excited to see them on the bill. There's not a lot of big names on the bill, but hopefully more acts will get added.

The actual venue, with a lake behind and beside the stage and a sandy piece of land in front of the stage, is so sweet!

Ah yes ... sweet summer festival thoughts are dancing through my head!

Peace, Mark

I am not overly impressed with that lineup because of what ya'll were spoiled with last year. Comparatively, this one looks like AMMF-Lite.

On the other hand, Joe Mama is playing there. Maybe we could talk Jommama into going and stage a Band-Off for the right's to the name.....

I agree about the Spring Shaker ... it looks like it will be fantastic. I wish I could go, but I can't.

The Adirondack Music Festival ... I agree, the lineup doesn't compare to last year's lineup. To be truthful, that does concern me a bit. But I can go, and I'm confident that it will be a great event and that I'll have a blast. And interestingly enough, the act that I most enjoyed last year (Benevento and Russo) was one of the few acts that I knew nothing about. I hope that kind of surprise happens again this year.

Peace, Mark

Last year, i put off the AMMF in favour of the Creekside Jamboree in PA. It was a brilliant festival, surrounded by green mountains, and only about 2000 participants. Bands included the Slip, Israel Vibes, The Roots, Antibalas, TND, STS9, and so on... amazing. plus, i was able to score a free ticket by volunteering. sure hope this one happens again... there was some speculation last year about not doing it again because of some misfortunate incidents (death by heroin, some dumbass). anyways, nothing online yet, but im lurking!

Summer school, booooooo.....

Holy Shit Willy. You scared me good for a minute! This was the event of my summer last year. I want to return if only to hang out amongst the same trees and the same lake. It was amazing.

Agreed, I don't know too much about the roster so far, but hopefully there's a gem in there that will make it all worth it. Benevento Russo kicked ass last year.

Also, it's just too close to Ottawa for us not to go.

quote:

My other reason for needing to go to this is that we got shafted on the weather last year. I would love to spend the weekend there in sunny and warm weather.

Weather aside last year was an absolute howl....barring any vacation request denials from work I'm there [Wink]

Mark...drop me a line re: plans

The plan so far is ... I'm going ... let's sort it all out as we get closer ... car pooling is a great idea.

Hookah ... Schwa, hopefully I can connect with you soon to get some more Hookah from you to listen to. Rumour has it that you and Babsy Mudcock and backbacon like this band a bit [big Grin][Wink][big Grin]

I haven't listened to tons of Hookah, and I've never seen them live, but from what I can tell, they blaze!!! A full-on rockin' fasten your seatbelt jamband ... kind of like moe. meets Widespread with a touch of bluesgrass ... sorry for people that don't like my comparison, but describing music with words is difficult.

Peace, Mark

Archived