Jambands.ca

I'm Done

kung

originally hit right on the nose by number 2:

"Personal attacks are really not welcome here, if Deke had something to say to you at a personal level, he should have used the private message board... Maybe he had a big orgasm all over himself after attempting to make a fool out of you on this board!!! I hope you reconsider... and until Deke apologizes, I WILL NOT SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON UPSTREAM ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTIONS!"

good call, my friend!!!

it's one thing to argue someone's point or opinion, but when a personal attack is launched (particularly in the mean spirited fashion deke has so fully exhibited) all merit is taken away from the point(s) attempted to be made. yes, he may in some ways felt he had right to defend the specifics of whatever happened with the confiscated free pass situation, and had he done so in an objective stating of facts then fine, perhaps it is acceptable to post the other point of view on the incident (heh heh, pun intended). but instead, by turning it all into a hot-headed attack, you may rest assured, all he really managed to do was make himself look like an ass -- not to mention extremely unprofessional. so i would suggest you take a breather & giggle at it all. i highly doubt any of his remarks changed anyone's opinion of you, and as far as the incident is concerned, honestly, who really cares what happened?! the only people it really matters to are those who were personally involved in it. and other than sheer entertainment value for the readers of this board, dragging all this private stuff out in the open is not serving any real purpose at all.

besides kung, with all the time you spend with those sick fucks on the ween forum [Wink] , i'm surprised you even let this bother you! suck it up baby, don't deprive us of kungley flave. [smile]

It's like, PalacePrincess once clubbed me in the back of my head with a giant frozen sturgeon and dragged me out to the back of Pepper Jack's. She gouged my eyes out with a rusty coke spoon and said she wanted to eat my brain, that that's what the "space-people" told her to do. Then she turned my skull into a rubber ducky and splashed around with it for a week or two before drop-kicking it into the 20-yard zone at the Superbowl in a tutu because, again, the "space-people" told her to. But you don't hear me bringing that shit up around here now, do ya??? Life's too short to hold a grudge.

Ooooh, babe

Don't leave me now.

Don't say it's the end of the road.

Remember the flowers I sent.

I need you, babe

To put through the shredder

In front of my friends

Ooooh Babe.

Dont leave me now.

How could you go?

When you know how I need you

To beat to a pulp on a Saturday night

Ooooh Babe.

Don't leave me now

How can you treat me this way

Running away

oooh Babe

Why are you running away.

Actually, in all seriousness Kung, I'll personally miss you around here. The great protagonist. Who's going to fill those shoes? I don't have the shoulders to bear the abuse that you draw by simply calling into check people's runaway opinions. Don't let this guy chase you away.

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

It's like, PalacePrincess once clubbed me in the back of my head with a giant frozen sturgeon and dragged me out to the back of Pepper Jack's. She gouged my eyes out with a rusty coke spoon and said she wanted to eat my brain, that that's what the "space-people" told her to do. Then she turned my skull into a rubber ducky and splashed around with it for a week or two before drop-kicking it into the 20-yard zone at the Superbowl in a tutu because, again, the "space-people" told her to. But you don't hear me bringing that shit up around here now, do ya??? Life's too short to hold a grudge.

Oh silly MarcO - ya know, she does that to a lot of guys. Where she comes from, it's actually an ancient mating ritual.

And Kung - Palace is right. Personal attacks should not be taken out on a public board. He crucified himself by doing that.

Still lurking.... I've had an interesting email exchange with Derek not that anything's come of it. Again I apologize for making this into a soap opera. We've all got alot more important things to deal with which is maybe part of my point- I need to figure what those things are for myself and this isn't the place. I think it comes down to what do we consider appropriate and inappropriate interactions in our community. It's made me a little too cautious to rabble rouse to my full potential. I'm going to have to really taste the waste for a bit to build up the hate levels again. Maybe I'll just drizzle the warm uriny sounds of SCI down my eardrums for a bit- that should do the ticket.

Ah man... this board (and any messsage board) can be evil. Take it too personal and you're in for a truckload of pointless worry. BNB got personally and individually slammed so hard online back a couple years, this board and our own, by friend and foe, that we had trouble sleeping at night. Take it all with a grain of salt - take a break if ya need to. Just don't take it too seriously.

My 2 cents.

Kung I understand that you want to find your canvas or voice and that this board is not it.

Of course it is not, it's a message board. However you can still post here and find your canvas.

P.S. Deke's post has a lot of people forming early opinions of him. These opinions will be hard to change

Well most of what I would say has been said but I'll chime in with my two cents anyway:

Kung - come on! You're really gonna leave the board over some guy who's posted here, what, 6 or 7 times if I remember correctly?!? The board isn't the problem, most of the people here aren't the problem. His opinion is just that, it certainly doesn't represent what I think or (I believe) what most people here think, especially since most of us weren't involved in the incident in question. To all that I say, "WHATEVER!" If you've got a problem with the Derek guy or any individual, take it up with him, you don't need to cut the rest of us off.

Most of what you post, whether I agree or not, I understand why you're doing it, and I appreciate the value of the agitator (I've certainly been one myself from time to time.) But if you left the board for good over this, I have to say I wouldn't see the point of that. And I, for one, would miss you. [Frown]

Peace bro,

- Mr. M.

Archived