Jambands.ca

I'm Done

kung

As you can imagine I was really thrown by Derek Arrowsmith's remarks in the Do You Like Jambands? thread. It all hit way to close to home and I think it was done with an intention different than mine when I get to bashing. It also came from someone who isn't a part of our community and who doesn't know me at all. Either way I can't stand the heat so I'm out of the kitchen. To use a particularly inappropriate expression of Hendrick's this board is cancer. I don't get very much out of it unless I act as a protagonist for discussion and as a result I take a few too many shots across the bow. Anyways I'm done I've got no use for it and I just generally feel pretty shattered to be honest.

well, thats too bad, lots of good things said in the appreciation thread about ya, concerning the joys and necessity of having the board stirred up

some of the people some of the time, can't make everyone happy

if someone comments from out of the community they were probably aren't greatly informed (particularly not knowing you) and lashed out at a comment that may not have had as much weight behind it as they perceived (couldn't be bothered to read it at the time, will have to have a look back)

just a discussion board and should only be taken so seriously, its not officially published material or anything and therefore should only limitedly open to critique or accountability

i've felt like i was done on a couple occasions myself kung...

but some days this message board makes me laugh, or smile

and it certainly keeps me informed

sure there have been a couple times when it's got my blood pressure up, but such is life

it's a reminder to have compassion and understanding for those different from myself

blah, blah, blah

Awww Kung... you were once my nemesis / Newwwman and now you're my buddy! I'm sure if this guy knew you... he'd probably hate you at first too [Wink] ... but then grow to love. [Razz]

You've got solid taste in music and interesting thoughts to share. You do piss off a bunch of folk but it always subsides. People need antagonists in life. Spice is good.

Don't feel shattered. Feel warm and fuzzy. You da man. [big Grin]

Mary

[smile]

Use the force....Kung. I gotta tell you, I don't chime up that much anymore but I think that in certain situations, that in and of itself gives my 2 cents a little credence. That much aside, this all feels a little like vuja de, if ya know what I mean. Take a break, read a bit, take a peek in every once and awhile. Like every relationship, you need us as much as we need you and vice versa. Pick and choose your battles. And for God's sake, avoid using too many cliches in a post....oh, wait.

By the by, this board isn't cancer. Trust me. In fact, in my experience, it was part of the cure. [Wink]

Keep it real, cowboy.

May you and cheesehead live a happy and wonderful life together...

Seriously dude, I think you're just havin' a bad day. You know that your shit disturbing nature would not be able to endure life without the board anyways, am I not right? You could always become a jamhub convert; oh wait, scratch that idea.

The moral of the story is this:

He who disheth, must also taketh.

Seriously though, don't leave us Kung. Without you, we would lose the ying from our yang, the heady from our nuggets, the veggie gone from our burrito forevermore.

Wow, I suspected all along he was waiting for a Kung Appreciation thread and then he would be a long gone daddie........

"Keep your colon clean and burning" and dont forget thats it's "extra points for the breast grab" on your way out.

I began to believe something Northern Heads stated a loooong time ago:

'When we started this website part of the intention was to see how far we could push the issue of free speech, apparently pretty far.'

Dude, I thought we all had something beautiful going on.

"Wha happeeen?"

-

I dont get it in the end. I know it "sucks" ( [Wink] )and all, but I was sure you were much more resilient than this.

don't go...but if what deke said was right then show a bit more humility.

you write like you're king shit luke.

personally, dude, if you're gonna be king shit you'd better be willing to wear your crown of turds, and when it falls apart when you're being grand orator and you eat some shit you can't abdacate.

if that's what it took to get you off the board - a bit of possible truth - one you obviously can't handle, then maybe you should take a break.

but from what i've noticed from the few times we hung out you're bigger than that.

just learn from it.

you're a really eloquent guy. maybe it'llbe good for you to not spend all your time writing here and perhaps write a novel or something. do soemthing with the talent if you feel you're wasting both your time and ours with fiction...

...at least that way it'll be edited.

too bad to see you go. i'll miss the verbosity.

Thanks I appreciate all of that. I'd feel like a total primadonna if this hadn't genuinely fucked me up. There's more to this than meets the eye is all I'll say. I've been so impressed lately with our community of imaginary friends and how they pull together. But in alot of ways it's just an extended bar scene that you're supposed to grow out of or learn from, if the less impressive aspects of our culture aren't a given it get's frustrating to say the least.

There's an element of truth to what he said, it's just the way he went about it, his intentions that pissed me off to know end. If I sit hear writing some flame I'm usually snickering to myself thinking 'this isn't going to be popular but people are going to get a laugh'. I think that fuckwad basically went all out to make me feel like a piece of shit. If he wants to blow 25 grand a pop of his grow op/E profit/ daddy's money on a shitgrass band go for it just stay out of my neighborhood. Took me down a peg or three and yeah maybe needed but still unacceptable. I don't want to be anywhere near that shit. Of course I won't be able to stay away long or forever but I've got to find my canvas and this ain't it. I won't be casting myself in any theatre of the absurd productions any time soon.

Oh and I'm supposed to PAY to see the String Cheese Incident. Now that is cruelty.

quote:

I've been so impressed lately with our community of imaginary friends and how they pull together. But in alot of ways it's just an extended bar scene that you're supposed to grow out of or learn from, if the less impressive aspects of our culture aren't a given it get's frustrating to say the least.

That's an interesting thing to say bro. Elaborate on the thought of how you perceive this as 'an imaginary friendship.'

This is getting a little melodramatic bro. Of all the issues/politics related around the scene and the soap opera's they create (cough cough), the last thing I would personally say is that this whole 'bar' scene is based on imaginary friendship. Can't perceive emotion over our little straight edged medium though, so I don't know what you quite meant by that one dude, but I don't consider people in this scene my imaginary friends. Without this community, I'd be a hippie. Think about how scary that would be. [big Grin]

Anyway, jokes aside. If you need a break man, take it. Just go listen to some String Cheese [Wink] and smoke a bowl, but the fact that you have purposely made this exit into a soap opera proves you care, even if a bit, about this community and your friends around you. If you less than gave a shit, you'd just leave w/out saying goodbye in a fashion opposite to your traditional melodramatic way. You care, just think about it.

Anywho, god knows if that made sense. I'm too tired to formulate a sappy, tear enducing monologue right now.

There are good times around the bend... [Razz]

quote:

I think that fuckwad basically went all out to make me feel like a piece of shit. If he wants to blow 25 grand a pop of his grow op/E profit/ daddy's money on a shitgrass band go for it just stay out of my neighborhood.

this goes against your original problem you had with the guy; bringing out personal stuff on a public board.

dont sink to his level.

heh Kung... I don't know you... and I am the "protagonist cheesehead" that was arguing with you in the first place... To be completely honest, I enjoyed it!!! Whether or not we like the same bands, I enjoyed hearing what you have to say, you are articulant, and you speak your mind. There is nothing wrong with that, I did not take anything you said personally, and I think you are a pretty stand up fuckin guy because of that. I was under the assumption that the whole discussion was for our enjoyment and or to fill our spaces of boredom... I would miss you... eventhough I do not know you.

when I first came upon this scene, I remember two guys arguing about this and that, not sure who it was, but it was personal... I did not enjoy seeing that, like I don't enjoy seeing any sort of conflict. Personal attacks are really not welcome here, if Deke had something to say to you at a personal level, he should have used the private message board... Maybe he had a big orgasm all over himself after attempting to make a fool out of you on this board!!! I hope you reconsider... and until Deke apologizes, I WILL NOT SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON UPSTREAM ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTIONS! and that sucks, because when I go out west to see the cheese, alot of people come along. But I don't want to associate myself with that... hope to hear from you soon buddy!!! -yours truly, Marc

well kung,

I'd say you'd be best to lighten up...or, you could drink a magnum of white wine and cry yourself to sleep to celebrate the tongue lashing that you took.

I've found great humor in some of your posts. You come off a little "much", but your eloquence definately makes up for that.

Dude tried to smoke you, and maybe he has in a small way...this is no reason to avoid stirring the pot.

Looks to me like you may have pushed a button better left to itself...

Anyhow, the drama is killing me [big Grin]

Quoting NorthernHeads, via Booche:

'When we started this website part of the intention was to see how far we could push the issue of free speech, apparently pretty far.'

yeah, i admire the fact that this kung dude keeps things honest. my personal impression is that you (kung) don't make your statements with the intention to get people riled; these are just your sincere insightful thoughts on the matter (which just so happen to get several people riled and several others entertained). but that's why we're here - to keep this board from being bored, while we talk about all the things that mean very little in this world (yet are still engaging to us). so please, if you're gonna be honest, also be prepared to hear somebody else's jive.

i've only been reading this board for a short while, but the last thing i want to see is somebody bug-out for the dugout because he was called out on something. the "theatre of absurd productions" needs your role, so stick with it. please. personally for me, i need to have at least 1 person who is going to contribute the always-antagonizing sarcastic wit to everybody else's posts, just to keep things honest & entertaining. if yer out, i'll contemplate bugging out for the dugout too (not that it's a big loss for you folks).

just my $0.02,

nab

If you leave me now, you’ll take away the biggest part of me

No baby please don’t go

If you leave me now, you’ll take away the very heart of me

No baby please don’t go

A love like ours is love that’s hard to find

How could we let it slip away

We’ve come too far to leave it all behind

How could we end it all this way

When tomorrow comes we’ll both regret

Things we said today