Jambands.ca

A Show for Shady Grove - Fri - Pepperjacks

paisley

last thread was getting a little sloppy... you had to read two pages to get all the deets so here it all is conveniently condensed into one legible post

A Show for Shady Grove

Friday, March 12 (9 pm start)

The Pepperjack Cafe

38 King William Street (above Fever Nightclub), Hamilton

905 525 6666

Shady Grove is an excellent local business dealing in imported goods and environmentally/socially conscious products that has been plagued by a rash of break-ins and robberies recently. Julie, the owner, is an extremely kind and compassionate soul who consistently supports the local community, the Hamilton music scene and all those around her.

The exceptional roster of talent assembled for this night are dedicating their time to help Julie get back on her feet so she can continue to enrich life here in Hamilton and on the planet.

Admission is eight very well spent dollars.

$2.00 raffle tickets will be available to win:

- 2 Bela Fleck and The Flecktones tickets (thanks Kick It Down Promotions)

- 2 Toronto Maple Leafs tickets AND 2 Blue Jays tickets (special thanks to Lisa, Jay and Alison)

- 2 Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings tickets (thanks Kenny from PJC)

- and many other cool, donated prizes.

The Line-Up:

The Acousticats (9:00PM-10:30PM)

The acoustic version of Hamilton's elder statesmen of original jam music, The Fat Cats. Undoubtably some of the best musicians in Canada. This is a true treat, if you're coming be sure to try and come out early for this.

Mr Something Something (11PM-12:30AM)

A little something for the body. A little something for the mind. Mr. Something Something's grooves have West African roots, with breaks and basslines designed to induce and sustain a state of ecstatic dancing. The horn section strikes with power and uplifts with melody, leading the dancers through extended forms. Above it all, acting as a lightning-rod for the combined energies of a Mr. Something Something event is the lyric statement of the case for change and consciousness. And dance.

Six Foot Groove (1AM-2:30AM)

An infectious new band on the scene who sparkle with kinetic energy and soulful grooves. Strong female vocals, upbeat percussion and a sweet horn section set this fine group of young musicians apart from your average bar band.

The Gratefully Deadicated Sound System (spinnin tunes throughout the evening)

Rory spins Grateful Dead songs from live shows with the spirit and conviction of a live DJ. His friends at the Grateful Dead Vaults in San Francisco ensure his material is all as good as it comes.

its been reported that there'll be a keg party after the bar with the Gratefully Deadicated Sound System comin back to spin at James' new pad (the fine host of the infamous Wassabi parties and the annual Pisces party)

cheers, hope to see you there

In, totally in! Looking forward to seeing the give'r crew in the Hammer and other assorted perverts and friends! [Razz]

Basically, if it's a benefit for Julie, there's no question. I love her, she's a good friend and a beautiful person.

I also just think it's wonderful to see the community rally around a friend in need, once again. Makes me feel proud to be a (small) part of it! [big Grin]

no doubt - Shady Grove is a stones throw from my place and i've gone there a few times - - i've met Julie there and also spoke with her at her pavilion at Frontier - excellent person - great store - - ( the dog she has should of ripped those suckers apart) - - I be checkin the show!!!

quote:

Originally posted by paisley (again):

its been reported that there'll be a keg party after the bar with the Gratefully Deadicated Sound System comin back to spin at James' new pad (the fine host of the infamous Wassabi parties and the annual Pisces party)

James has moved but the after party is at his old place, The Whiskey Ranch.

cheers

im so happy to see so many people rally together to help out another kind soul. im pumped for tonight,, i have a feeling the jaeger will be flowing quite freely, and quite early.

its awesome seeing some REALLLLLY nice raffle prizes,, bubblers, tickets to shows n sports events,, this is one bigass shindig now isnt it.

set the gearshift to GIVER

Archived