Jambands.ca

What needs to be said about the Burt Neilson Band

SaggyBalls

Hi there. I'm sure you may be thinking 'oh no...what could possibly be said about these guys THIS time...'

and I've got to tell you that it's nothing but kind words. I've been going to see BNB since about 1999 and every time the same thing happened. I'd go to the show and never had the shows to listen back to. In the moment I'd be lost and in my glory, but when the show was over I'd almost forget about what a time I had. I'd go wherever i was and think about something unrelated and lose my train of thought.

I never noticed a huge love for the band in the scene even though people always showed up. I always found it was nice that people were around at the shows but I never really went to be social...just to love it up.

Well last night was no exception to the good times. It was probably one of the best Burt sets I've seen and the whole night was pumpin. I get out of my car, walk around the corner and what happens?? I bump into Gentlemonkey and Moe.Ron and get swept away to the beer store where the rest of the party wound up. We had some pre-show fun down the street and when we finally made it to the bar it was already getting full. From the second I was there the tunes were mint. There was comfort onstage and you could tell that these men were layin' it all down for us to see.

I think that the Burties are by far the most underrated/underappreciated band in the scene. I think it's time we put the past behind us, get to another BNB show, and give'r! Slick writing, tight playing, and sincere finesse goes into every drop of goodness.

Definitely a band that can help bring back rock and roll.

beauty encore by the way...i was hoping they'd pull out a monster of a frankenstein. from the first teaser notes to nudge tha band into shape I was lovin' it.

I hope nobody ever minds when i cheer with instead of just slightly after...cause it ain't stoppin.

the burties deserve our respect - props to a sick ottawa show.

thanks, everybody for making my night turn out right.

Beats, all of your thoughts about how great they are is bang on. However, I have NO IDEA what you mean with "I think it's time we put the past behind us".

These guys are certainly underappreciated, and the appreciations are cleary growing like crazy. Man, they sure invoke the spirit to travel to see them.

Before BnB had their shift and hiatus, every one of their shows had me feeling like I was witnessing history and watching true stars dressed as musicians.

These days, it's much stronger. I am going to do everything I can to cherish and remember these BnB nights.

think there was a brief period of time the Burt Band was working under a manager or someone who was pushing the guys against their natural direction several years back in the pursuit of success, as I discussed with one of the guys in the band late one night... remember wondering where the magic was at at a few of shows back in that period (didn't know about the manager then), after a bit I stopped going to shows

super super happy that the band is following their own direction again and seem to be having a great time doing it... providing us with awesome shows and times as a result

long live the Burt Neilson Band!

BNB played a major role in me becoming the person I am today. They began touring the east at a time when I was branching out for new music and lead me in a direction that feels like the gates to heaven!

Some of my favourite moments are from their shows. I will always go see them when I can.

My first ever interview and piece I wrote that got me my initial job at Revolving Door was with Jeff Heisholt. I have grown from a young, annoying fan to an older, annoying friend, and I thank the BNB guys for being that band that has always been there for me and reminded me to keep challenging myself, no matter the costs.

I said it a few months ago, and I'll say it again ... in my humble opinion, BNB is one of the best, if not the best Canadian "jam" rock band out there these days, because they are so much more than a "jam" rock band.

This band deserves a bigger audience. I'd love to hear them on a big stage, with a big pa, and with an audience primed and ready to let loose. Visions of a Phish concert come to mind ...

Peace, Mark