Jambands.ca

I'm on a Massive _______ Kick Lately

scottieking

Led Zeppelin: workin' my way through the albums...which I have (sadly) never done.

I heard about this and could not be more thrilled. Avoid Coda until the end and to a lesser extent the bloated Song Remains The Same soundtrack and film. Other than that, all the albums and subsequnet DVDs are gold!!

Guest Low Roller

I've started listening to Radiohead again (haven't listened to them in months) in anticipation of their new album...

I'm also on an MF Doom kick. Hip-hop is great to jog to.

Any Dear Prudence that Jerry sings. Ive been on this for months. I want to name my coming baby Prudence just I can sing it this song.

:)!

I was rediscovering in the car today an old mixed cd with about a dozen Help-Slip-Franks I'd cobbled together. Usually I avoid hearing any song twice (or more) in a row like the plague, but I can't help it with that (there are a couple of stinkers in the lot that I have to smile at, too).

I was rediscovering in the car today an old mixed cd with about a dozen Help-Slip-Franks I'd cobbled together.

Can't get away from the boys either.

its all about 4/12/83 for the Help/Slip/Franklin, infact the whole show is killer.

04/12/83 (Tue) Broome County Arena - Binghamton, NY

Set 1: Alabama Getaway > Greatest Story Ever Told, Bird Song, Minglewood Blues, Peggy-O, Cassidy, Loser, It's All Over Now, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Let It Grow

Set 2: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower > Lost Sailor > Saint Of Circumstance > Terrapin Station > Drums > The Other One > Wharf Rat > Not Fade Away, E: Not Fade Away > It's All Over Now Baby Blue

I've really been into CACTUS One of the best hard rock boogie blues bands of all time. The orginal line up only lasted 2 years and 3 albums.

Cactus was formed in 1970 by ex-Vanilla Fudge members Tim Bogert on bass and Carmine Appice on drums. Their original idea was to form a supergroup in the vein of Cream or Led Zeppelin. The group was supposed to be rounded out by Jeff Beck on guitar and Rod Stewart on vocals. The idea was put on ice after Beck was sidelined indefinitely as the result of a car accident and Rod Stewart elected to join the Faces with fellow Beck Group band mate Ronnie Wood. Instead Bogert and Appice tabbed Jim McCarty ex-Detroit Wheel and Buddy Miles Express guitarist to handle the frets. Another musician with Detroit ties Rusty Day ex-Ted Nugent's Amboy Dukes handled vocals and harmonica.

Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice did go on to work with Jeff Beck on this album

If you like bands like Ten Years After and Zepplin then you will love CACTUS .