Jambands.ca

~COME TOGIVER REVIEW THREAD!!~

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true Edger, but $25/night at another campground means PER SITE. Which means Jay and I would BOTH be able to camp for that price, rather than $80 for us both... that's completely unreasonable. Especially when you consider there are only 2 bands playing on the friday and for us (and likely a lot of others going up for just the Friday) we can't even leave town until after work.

I can understand $40 for the saturday... lots of bands and an entire DAY to spend up there.

Yeah, that's a fair argument.

I've always thought $65 for a weekend of camping with all the bands was a great deal, so I'm on board with ya there Edger! And if it were still at Izzy's I'd be there for the whole weekend without a doubt!

I'm pretty sure Mark is just trying to cover his ass incase the wookies decide to pay for a one day pass and stay for the whole weekend. So I understand... it's just a shame those cheap freeloading bastards have to ruin it for the rest of the honest folk who are only able to come up for one night.

In most places it would cost you $25 just to camp (with no entertainment on top of that).

This is true Edger' date=' but $25/night at another campground means PER SITE. Which means Jay and I would BOTH be able to camp for that price, rather than $80 for us both... that's completely unreasonable. Especially when you consider there are only 2 bands playing on the friday and for us (and likely a lot of others going up for just the Friday) we can't even leave town until after work.

I can understand $40 for the saturday... lots of bands and an entire DAY to spend up there.

[/quote']

plus a real campsite would have way better facilities, and most likley a lake.

I just don't want to spend another weekend sitting around that big dusty feild, waiting for stuff to happen

Sounds like it's going to be a small crowd!!

the board can be misleading at times... have seen shows where I thought it'd be packed because 30 people roll called and the show was actually not too busy, and seen the exact opposite loads of times (no interest online, jammed at the club)... there's always a few hundred people at the fests I don't know who've never heard of jambands.ca and many of the bands playing... just there for the good times... gonna be a beautiful weekend, sure there'll be lots of happy bodies party'n down

You know what, this whole discussion is really starting to bum me out, kinda piss me off and just frankly make me shake my head. Let's get off the negative vibes towards location/cost/quality of bands...REALLY! This same shit happens every year-when we where at Izzy's (my first CTMF) everybody talked about the legend and the far better times they had at FGT, now the reverse is apparent. Every year the same criticism regarding the freshness/quality of the bands comes up, yet everybody gets down. Last Labour Day the rant over the tarp over the stage became a cornerstone argument and in the end it became a true blessing. What I am trying to say is no matter how much people bitch about this and that, the fact of the matter is is that CTMF is a special little gathering that is, always has been and always will be a meeting place for good people who dig good tunes and I will always go away smiling. Everyone who goes and has gone knows they do as well, so let's enjoy and appreciate Mark's efforts and kick the happy banter up a notch. Yippee!!!

Lucid Musings Photo

Sean

Sounds like it's going to be a small crowd!!

the board can be misleading at times... have seen shows where I thought it'd be packed because 30 people roll called and the show was actually not too busy' date=' and seen the exact opposite loads of times (no interest online, jammed at the club)... there's always a few hundred people at the fests I don't know who've never heard of jambands.ca and many of the bands playing... just there for the good times... gonna be a beautiful weekend, sure there'll be lots of happy bodies party'n down

[/quote']

Well said Paisley. I really don't have an idea how many people will be there, but I'm guessing that there will be a number of new faces at this one, given that there are a number of bands and performers that have never played at a Come Together Fest. And nice weather will undoubtedly help to bring people out.

Looking forward to having a blast with whoever ends up making the journey!

Peace, Mark

Money should never be a concern when it comes to live music. I am still wrenching on my time/space machine so i might knot be there this weekend but I wish everone the best of times and weather for the festival.My little bro is going up to represent the SooNCrazyManglers Club so give him a hard time.

rock and roll

woooooooohoooooo

and arrrrrrrrrrr to all the pirates

Yeah, I guess I'll buy the whole weekend pass, even if it is just for a few hours each night. It's not everyday a CTMF is 45 minutes from me. Can't wait to cook my supper on an open fire. Hell, I'll only get to see Crissinger play with the boys two more times, that's worth it right there. CTMF won't be the same without him.

CTMF is a special little gathering that is, always has been and always will be a meeting place for good people who dig good tunes and I will always go away smiling. Everyone who goes and has gone knows they do as well, so let's enjoy and appreciate Mark's efforts and kick the happy banter up a notch. Yippee!!!

big ups to that!

giver a little harder to stay warm.

sounds like a plan.

ya ya.

i don't think there will be enough people there all right. if it is slow that's just fine too. small shows in small venues. that's what i'm all about.

i now have a 1971 house trailer. if it's cool at night come warm up and party in the trailer in between bands. can't wait.

hey..... maybe some late night tailer jammin.