Jambands.ca

~COME TOGIVER REVIEW THREAD!!~

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the ghost town, recharges my batteries... can't beat the air and the stars... saloon looks sweet every night and always enjoy catching some new acts

gonna catch some local Slip then hopin to get up there some point durin the weekend

I thought the Slip Canadian tour was cancelled?

From theslip.com:

4.03.07 | CANADIAN SHOWS CANCELLED

Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. The SLIP is sorry to announce that both next week's CD-release party in Toronto and the upcoming string of Canadian shows with Holy Fuck will have to be cancelled due to a series of events beyond our control. We guess these will just have to wait for another day. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that all of this may have caused. *The upcoming run of west coast US dates (with Holy Fuck supporting) are still alive and well, though - so we look forward to seeing you there!

okay, just confirmed last night that i'll be spending this weekend up at the beach with the *five feet of fury* (whoohooo yay me! i have been thinking about it nonstop since december!). but this does mean i won't be coming to ctmf after all. so i hope everyone has a fantastic time, and I HOPE THE WEATHER IS EFFIN' BEAUTIFUL ALL AROUND FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!

yeah, $40 for one night is pretty steep!

I can sympathize when people are on a tight budget, and I also understand that in the summer there is so much going on that we are forced to pick and choose, and therefore can't do it all or throw our money at anything and everything.

Having said that I don't think $40 for one night is that unreasonable for a night of camping, in an anything goes environment (you don't get much more freedom than the Ghostown, whether you like that freedom or not), some great bands, good people, safe environment, etc, etc, and "supporting the scene" (dare I say it). I could be wrong, but something tells me this isn't exactly a huge money making venture for those running the show. But it's nice to be able to cover the costs of putting this on.

I'm looking forward to a weekend up at the cottage, but I am also anticipating the end of year shakedown at Ghostown on Labour Day. There are few things that I would rather be doing to close down my summer.

In most places it would cost you $25 just to camp (with no entertainment on top of that).

Come Together is obviously not your typical "camping experience", and obviously one is not there for the sole purpose of taking in the tranquility of the great outdoors (although there is some of that to be found around Ghostown too, if one bothers to look).

I get what you're saying Swifty, and it's something for the organizers to consider. But I still think $40 isn't too unreasonable.

i agree $40 is too much for one night (when its $65 for 3)... 3 years ago it was $40 for the whole weekend, AND there was an extensive line-up of bands... it appears the effort to make this a successful festival has dwindled, and the organizers are happy to just take what they can get.

that said, i'm going... and it will be raging!! i hope the dude with the trunk full of homemade booze is there again. mmm.... homemade absinthe.

In most places it would cost you $25 just to camp (with no entertainment on top of that).

This is true Edger, but $25/night at another campground means PER SITE. Which means Jay and I would BOTH be able to camp for that price, rather than $80 for us both... that's completely unreasonable. Especially when you consider there are only 2 bands playing on the friday and for us (and likely a lot of others going up for just the Friday) we can't even leave town until after work.

I can understand $40 for the saturday... lots of bands and an entire DAY to spend up there.