Jambands.ca

Who the $#@! is Dane Cook?

Patchoulia

Doing a Google search of "Dane Cook Sucks" produced 261,000 hits, the first of which was "http://www.danecooksucks.com/", which boasts the tagline, "The stupider you are, the funnier he is".

Apparantly there is also an online petition urging him to off himself.

And for those of you that got confused by this post, let me help clear it up for you. Someone just realized she is officially old even if she wont admit it yet.

"I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me."

And for those of you that got confused by this post' date=' let me help clear it up for you. Someone just realized she is officially old even if she wont admit it yet.

"I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me."

[/quote']

Well, I have no problem admitting that I'm not hip to what the kiddies are into...but I will, however, surmise, that even if I were still in the age range to whom this fellow caters, I'm fairly certain I still wouldn't find him even remotely amusing.

Now where'd I leave my Oil of Olay...? Dagnabbit!

He's a marketing creation and the current generation of kids just love him.

There's generally a germ of something funny in his routine but his expansion of the subject leaves something to be desired.

Yes and no. I remember reading a piece about him in Rolling Stone a couple of years ago that talked about what he did to make it big. I guess he rode the first wave of Napster and other such file sharing sites, using his home computer to get as much of his stuff out there as possible. He was also one of the first entertainers to tap into the power of MySpace, and as far as I know has the most "friends" of any legitimate MySpace user.

He's well marketed, but much of that has been his own grassroots doing, so I don't know that I would call him a "marketing creation".

I don't care much for his humour (though I chuckle at him from time to time), but I have to hand it to the dude for making it happen for himself.

Edited by Guest

He's well marketed, but much of that has been his own grassroots doing, so I don't know that I would call him a "marketing creation".

I don't care much for his humour (though I chuckle at him from time to time), but I have to hand it to the dude for making it happen for himself.

Self-marketed creation? ;)

I suppose what I meant by that was... style over substance.