Jambands.ca

Breakfast Ideas

Sarahbelle

Ice Cream! ;)

I have started getting into cereal...I keep 2-4 boxes in the house and eat 2 little bowls instead of one big one...or I mix them all together. It's fun.

I am in love with blueberry smoothies....(silken tofu or plain yogurt) frozen blueberries and milk (or rice/soy milk). AWESOME I've made so many smoothies that I stopped throwing all kinds of stuff and go for simplicity and like it much better.

Starting your day with some water with lemon (juice from half to a quarter lemon) detoxifies your liver...best way to start the day. I started about 3 weeks ago and feel really good.

I like eating as soon as I get up, but rarely do.

My grilled pizza was a resounding success! It was a lot easier than I imagined and I had the routine down pat by the time I cooked the second pie. The crust on the first one was overdone but it was still delicious. This is probably the greatest home made pizza I've ever made and easily rivals the pros for taste. And that's not bragging, it's just really, really simple.

I pretty much followed the article I linked above (plus this one for the dough: »Quick-and-Easy Pizza Crust Recipe«). My biggest deviation was in the cooking time for the crust. The article suggests 5 to 10 minutes per side but that's too long. 3 to 5 minutes per side is a better guide. The trick is to watch the crust constantly and shift it around to avoid burn marks. And I kind of cheated in that I had to finish off the toppings under the oven broiler because I didn't want to burn the crust but you can probably cook it all on the bbq if you use less toppings.

The sauce was just a can of tomato sauce with some fresh oregano, hot sauce and salt and pepper added. Basic but good. Toppings included mushrooms, red onions, green pepper, hot banana pepper, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.

link