Jambands.ca

oasis / ryan adams - how was it?

AD

Matt Costa was not too bad. Nice vocals

Ryan was great, I wasn't expecting anything like the show at Le National last year but his reconfigured arena rock sound was different and interesting. Plenty of newer tunes to my ears and many quite good. From where I was sitting I could barely hear the pedal steel but overall it was alot of fun, and funny at points i.e. "THey don't sell them in sparkle" referencing the old style box mics of yesteryear.

As for Oasis....ummm...I don't k now it was ok. I was there for the Cardinals and have never beena huge Oasis fan AND my ticket was free so I don't have too much judgement to pass. I did like the I am the Walrus cover and subsequent guitar meltdown, though I'd be saying that about Fred Penner if he did a guitar meltdown too so it's the technique and not the band that gets me with that.

Ok, so slow in posting.......I was so happy to hear Ryan again considering I'm not going to be able to go to the shows in NY at the end of the month. He makes me happy and gives me goosebumps...his voice never disappoints me. Purdy!

and yes, the meathead behind us yelling pissed me off.......he should have stayed home where he belonged.........crushing beercans on his forehead.

Oasis.......meh. I got into it a bit once they started to play the old stuff....but honestly I would have rather been home in bed. hehe. Thanks Ms. Hux for coming with me and singing along!