Jambands.ca

Collectibles

bouche

I was playing with my Star Wars figures this weekend in the backyard and realized that I probably have the very rare original blasters that came with the figures. Most kids lost those things. So I got all curious and checked out Ebay. I randomly found a Windup R2D2 of which I've always had, and never thought anything of it (it doesn't even look much like R2!). Well, apparently it is one of the rarest star wars collectibles out there.

Even in the condition that this thing is in, I could easily get around $500 or $600. Carded, it is valued at $3000 EUR

Does anyone else have any cool action figures from the 70's that are rarish?

Oh man, you think that's crazy? You guys haven't even seen the photo montage yet!

Mike was looking for a photo project. It was actually me that suggested he use the garden and miniatures to make a comic strip that takes place in an enchanted forest.

It kept him out of my way while I read by the pool. ;)

As a side note dear, Those figures, cars and guns could pay for a trip! Giddy up on eBay!

A quick google found this:

1. "Telescoping Lightsaber" Darth Vader, 1978

The Real Ginger Prince - CollectorWhen the first wave of Star Wars "Early Bird" action figure sets began arriving on the market in 1978, the original Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker figures came with a telescoping lightsaber accessory. The small plastic weapon of the Jedi Knight would rise out from the hollow arm of each figure, then a thinner piece would further rise out. This proved difficult to manufacture and broke easily, so it was abandoned in the next wave of figures to reach stores, replacing the telescoping lightsaber with a single-piece version. It's been said that only a few hundred versions of these figures were ever made and the Darth Vader version of this figure is the most highly prized.

Average Market Value: $6,000

A quick google found this:

1. "Telescoping Lightsaber" Darth Vader, 1978

The Real Ginger Prince - CollectorWhen the first wave of Star Wars "Early Bird" action figure sets began arriving on the market in 1978, the original Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker figures came with a telescoping lightsaber accessory. The small plastic weapon of the Jedi Knight would rise out from the hollow arm of each figure, then a thinner piece would further rise out. This proved difficult to manufacture and broke easily, so it was abandoned in the next wave of figures to reach stores, replacing the telescoping lightsaber with a single-piece version. It's been said that only a few hundred versions of these figures were ever made and the Darth Vader version of this figure is the most highly prized.

Average Market Value: $6,000

Nooooooo!!!!!!

I had all three.....damn.

DAMN!!!