Jambands.ca

Sports Personalities Cantstandya's

c-towns

I think the NFL takes the cake in this category. I mean here they are promoting players who have had potentially many head injuries onto live television. Gee do you think that might not work so well?

I've never been able to listen to Terry Bradshaw without laughing- he stumbles over words and screws up last names with a Cherry like frequency. Plus his over the top boorish behaviour during the pre game 'pick em' is downright embarrassing.

Shannon Sharpe. "Sorry Shannon what the fuck did you just say?! Oh you don't know either"- hmmmm.

And last but not least: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Holy boredom Batman! I'd rather listen to Chinese Water Torture for a few hundred years. If you don't recall the Tyree helmet catch from a couple of Super Bowls ago- its probably because of Joe's brutal 'color' commentary.

80984641.jpg

And from the where are they now file of Shitty NFL Personalities:

Eric Dickerson- UGH!

John Madden- thanks for the video game, and for retiring.

Deion Sanders- thankfully Prime Time doesn't interfere with Quality Time any more.

And again last but not least Michael Irvin. Dude should just bust out lines right at the desk- then I can pay attention to what he is talking about instead of wondering "where did you just blow that line that is written all over your face?".

I used to occassionally hang out with James Sharman back when I was going to Ryerson in the early to mid `90s and he had s watered-down accent even back then. He told me then that he emmigrated to Canada when he was fairly young, but his accent stuck (this was years before he got a job in his field). I found this hard to believe, but its been good for his career. And I've noticed its gotten thicker in recent years. Having a British accent shouldn't mean you get an on-air employment edge.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My hatred for Mike Wilner has continued to grow since this thread started. Now he is actually calling jays game on the radio, mind you its only 2 innings a game every once in a while but my god is he horrible, HORRIBLE! His exciting play calls are sickening. It feels like Howarth and Morris can't stand him either, its so uncomfortable to listen to. I hope he searches himself on the internet, finds this and tries to sue me, douche.

• 1 year later...