Jambands.ca

Games of Thrones

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was also in the original' date=' British version of "Death at a Funeral". Hilariously funny flick.[/quote']

saw this a few months before Game of Thrones - he is absolutely golden in that movie - great movie, it goes zero-to-overboard real quick...

Oddly, he plays the same role in the American remake.

Ha! Haven't seen the remake. Is it as funny as the British version?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Am I the only one who thinks that season two is jumping all over the place a little too much? It also seems that it would be harder to follow for anyone who hasn't already read the books.

Thoughts?

Said the same thing to my wife the other day. How does it compare to season 1? I din't read the first book, but was able to follow along with the show easily enough.

They seem to have taken a few extra liberties with the plot so far ... I'm thinking Stannis in particular ... but so far it's quite enjoyable. I'm re-reading the second book right now so it's all quite fresh for me.

I also think Stannis and Davos were cast backwards.

totally- watched the first episode last night and thought the same thing.

I wasn't surprised when the first episode did that (they kind of had to re-acquaint everyone with the characters, I guess), but then the second one did it, too - but even moreso than the first.

They seem to have taken a few extra liberties with the plot so far ... I'm thinking Stannis in particular ... but so far it's quite enjoyable. I'm re-reading the second book right now so it's all quite fresh for me.

I also think Stannis and Davos were cast backwards.

Not to mention that prostitute chick who now works in Littlefinger's brothel. She wasn't even in the book. I wonder what the point of adding her to the story is (other than a lot of extra sex scenes), when they could have used the time devoted to her to better explain some of the other sub-plots. Maybe the writers needed a way to reveal more about Littlefinger through action/dialogue, since he's not a point-of-view character in the novels.

I think Ros (the red-head prostitute) works ... she gave Theon's character a chance to develop beyond being a "ward" while in Winterfell, they showed her with Grand Maester Pycelle, which was a great scene, now we get more perspective on Littlefinger through her. I suspect she'll be the one to help reveal some of these secondary characters throughout the series.

I wasn't sure at first how I felt about Stannis and Melisandre having sex, since he is known to be only "dutiful" in bed with his wife, but I think I know exactly how it's going to tie in to the next couple of episodes. I think it's an assumption on the part of the producers that GRRM wasn't quite explicit about.

For those who have read the book ...

I'm assuming whatever she conceives with Stannis will be what she uses to kill Renly, in that odd "giving birth to an instant murdering ghost" scene in the book.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been an interesting set of deviations from the books. They do a good job delving into the horrors that the books do - to the point where, having read it, I don't really find some of the really intense scenes bear repeated viewing. But the streamlining of the story to fit the medium has been working out creatively, imo. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion continues to rock, and the depth of the performances by the others too is amazing. It's just frustrating in the end to have to look forward to a finite but very long term resolution of all of the plotlines.

Yep. It's always interesting to see what the non-POV characters are doing, at least from the writer's perspective. I like how they've dealt with Arya. Renly & Stannis I'm finding a bit frustrating, particularly as they just randomly met in the middle of a field with no context. But yeah, Tyrion is the highlight of the show for sure.

• 1 month later...