Jambands.ca

RBC Bluesfest 2015 lineup

bouche

Was going to post the Quebec City Summer Festival lineup, which is way better than Bluesfest and runs the same time (to give you an idea of who was available to book) but can't paste a link into the reply box here from an iPhone. Can this be fixed Bouche?

Was going to post the Quebec City Summer Festival lineup, which is way better than Bluesfest and runs the same time (to give you an idea of who was available to book) but can't paste a link into the reply box here from an iPhone. Can this be fixed Bouche?

Huh. Well then. just tried a few other forums and I can copy and paste fine there so seems like an odd problem between this site and my iPhone 5. I tried both the full reply and fast reply on both mobile and full sites and it didn't work. Thought you should know.

Carry on!

Huh. Well then. just tried a few other forums and I can copy and paste fine there so seems like an odd problem between this site and my iPhone 5. I tried both the full reply and fast reply on both mobile and full sites and it didn't work. Thought you should know.

Carry on!

What browser?  I used safari on latest iOS.  I used the quick reply, tapped in the field and the "paste" popup appeared, so I was able to paste then post.

Wow.  $81.33 per ticket for an eleven-day festival, taxes/fees/shipping included.

And hands down the most accurate, efficient, and non-frustrating online ticketing system ever.  Like, ever.  Leaps and bounds better than anything else.

The site had a countdown to onsale.  When onsale happened you were randomly given a place in line.  The page told you your place, told you how long your wait was, kept a descending tally of how many orders remained ahead of you, had an email notification option to let you know when your turn came up, told you you'd have ten minutes to fill the order when your turn came and you could leave the page without leaving your place in line.

Ha! That sounds pretty fantastic...nice to hear that common courtesy and customer service is possible within the world of concert ticket sales.

Fwiw I can never seem to copy and paste using Internet Explorer either...I have better luck with Firefox.

Yep, that's gold Bouche!

My question is, how can Quebec City put on a festival of equal grandeur, with a much better lineup (IMO), and charge about 60% less that the bluesfest for a pass?

I remember reading that they got around a $500,000 grant from feds.  I wouldn't be surprised if the quebec gov't provides funding as well. 

Also, they don't have Kanye West eating up the budget.

Quebec festival sells 150,000 passes each year.  

They had over 1 million attendees last year, while Bluesfest tops out at about 350,000 per year.

They have a shit-ton of public and private sponsors http://www.infofestival.com/The-Festival/Partners/    I imagine that $500k Bouche wrote about (if that number is true) is a drop in the bucket since their overall budget is $22 million.  (Bluesfest's budget was reported as $12 million in 2011.  Talent budget was $5-6 million in 2012.  I couldn't find anything more recent).  

Quebec's biggest venue holds approx 80,000 while Bluesfest's holds just over 30,000.