Jambands.ca

Joe Russo's Almost Dead

c-towns

Totally agree. These guys are the real deal and give me hope that the Dead's music will keep travelling along similar lines. I have absolute respect and admiration for how they are attacking this stuff. Love love LOVE that Viola Lee Blues up there. Hopefully WEEN getting back together doesnt throw this outfit off too much from my ability to see them. I'm assuming this is a band I will have to travel to see "When we are all together" kind of deal. The one positive aspect is Festival season. "Get all our bands together and we can offer another one"

Get to Vermont Ottawa!!!

It seems Joe Russo's Almost Dead is done for the time being. While the five talented musicians of the band are planning to reunite down the road to kick out the Grateful Dead jams, today, the band announced a five-night run that is billed as their "last road dates for a while..."

While Joe Russo talked about wanting to do less Almost Dead in a recent interview, a major contributing factor to this "last road dates" announcement is Dave Dreiwitz, the touring bassist for Ween. With that band announcing their first reunion dates over Valentine's Day weekend, bassist Jon Shaw will be filling in on the newly-announced shows.

The tour dates span from February 10th through the 14th, and mainly focus on the Northeast regio, with stops in DC, New Haven, Providence, Portland, and Burlington.

Here's the note that Joe Russo penned about the lineup change/tour dates:

February note:

When Boognish calls, you answer. As one could assume, it is quite difficult to wrangle the schedules of the five members of Almost Dead with all of the different projects, bands and family commitments. These freshly announced February dates had been on the books for a while when Dave got the call that WEEN (holy shit!) was possibly getting back together in Colorado. We couldn’t be more excited for Dave and Ween.

Rest assured, Dave’s post will be kept warm in the fully capable hands of Mr Jon Shaw (Shakey Graves, Cass McCombs). Jon is an incredible musician and much like our dear Dave, one hell of a human being. We are super excited for Dave. We’re super excited for our Feb shows! We’re just plain excited all around. Thanks all, for the incredible support!

See you soon!

Lots of love,

Joe

All shows go on sale at noon PM ET on Friday, December 11th, and can be found on the band's official website. The tour schedule can be seen below. 

Joe Russo's Almost Dead Tour Dates

12/11/15 - Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas, NV
12/12/15 - Fox Theatre, Oakland, CA
12/19/15 -Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO
12/31/15 - The Fillmore Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
1/1/16 - Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
1/2/16 - Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY
1/6-11/16 - Jam Cruise, Miami, FL & the High Seas  

2.10.16 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
2.11.16 – New Haven, CT – College Street Music Hall
2.12.16 – Providence, RI – Lupo’s
2.13.16 – Portland, ME – State Theatre