Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 02-25-03

Ms.Huxtable

Okay, here come my geek-stripes - for the last episode of Star Trek TNG ("All Good Things"), we set up our buddies' basement (3 old high school friends renting a house together) with two 27 inch TVs, full-on stereo and chairs and couches oriented in different directions so everyone could see one or the other TV. It was a truly emotional experience, I cried and everything. I also cried at the end of the last movie (those who have seen it will know where I mean.)

(Oh, I am so very VERY lame.)

Peace,

Mr. M.

i think i'm the only one who seen the final episode of the A-TEAM, it was stupendous jam packed with excitment and it was soooooooo cheessy in the end with MURDOCH SMOKING THE STOOGIE SAYING I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER INSTEED OF HANNIBAL, A CLOSE SECOND GOES TO Mac GYVER AS WELL. [Razz]

ChickenButter, we obviously grew up in the same generation! Every show you've listed makes me laugh when I think back to how great I thought those were when I was a kid! I always wonder if I were to watch one now, how cheesy it would seem. I can't say I've seen any of the final episodes of Dukes, A-Team or McGiver, but I've seen plenty of regular seasons!

Thanks for the chuckle!

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

The Larry Sanders Show.
[big Grin]

Oh my God MarcO I totally forgot about that - the David Duchovny thing in the hotel room was absolutely one of the funniest things I've EVER seen on TV!!! Good call.

- M.

Wasn't that a great show? I wish it was still being shown on basic cable. A classic!

Some of my favourite finales are from the 4 series finales of the great British comedy: Blackadder, but especially the finale of Blackadder Goes Forth. SPOILER: The cast dies in all the finales of all the 4 Blackadder series, but Blackadder Goes Forth finale is sad because it is set in WW I.

No joke, I love the finale of Xena. I'm a big Sam Raimi ( producer of Xena ) and Bruce Campbell ( director and sometimes co-star )fan, so this series always entertained me. The fianle was one of the more violent episodes of televison that I have ever seen... and it had balls too.

The end of Larry Sanders killed. One of the best comedy/satiric series ever.

I still haven't seen Babylon 5's last season, but this series was terrific. I'm with Brad on this one.

Newhart's finale was great too.

Seinfeld's finale sucked hard. The first half of clips was funny ( how could it not be ? ), but the whole courtroom scenario sucked because it failed to do one major thing: make you laugh.

I wish WKRP had a finale. My favourite comedy of all time.

Archived