Jambands.ca

If Santa could return any CD.....

scottieking

Okay, time for a little nostalgia just in time for the holidays.....

If Santa could return any CD's lost from your collection forever (or presumably so) which ones might they be?

Obvious answer: all of them (smart ass...teacher, saw that comin)

All time great losses:

John Coltrane - Blue Train (ex)

Portishead - Dummy (another ex)

MMW 95 Texas Trey Show (soundboard, lifted)

Americian Beauty (I swear I've owned this twice on tape and twice on CD, I give up)

Phish - Billy Breathes (no clue)

The Second Disc to the Zeppelin Box set (that's just mean)

and finally, my hallowed, BT burned, double case masterpiece copy of Zappa's Joe Garage (somewhere with a straggly lookin man in the B.C. interior)

Share the pain this Christmas with your phriends here in the Cavern...

scottieking

I think my most missed lost cd is the Doors LA Woman. On a very trippy wacky night, the parts of which I recall I will never forget, I got it signed by Robbie Krieger. It got stolen, but then I found it in a cd store and I got it back! Then it got stolen again. Of the hundreds of discs I've lost, that one stands out.

5 great cds come to mind that are lost and/or misplaced and I desparately want back: Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow - Funkadelic; Guit With It and Semi-Crazy - Junior Brown; Gov't Mule Live At The Roseland Ballroom; and Let It Bleed - The Stones. I know Let It Bleed is in Japan, so I've kissed that one good-bye long ago. I haven't kissed the other missing cds good-bye yet.

Weird, I remember a guy that lived in my old aparment that had the collection and he was missing the same CD........

I thought of that in the original post but CyberHippie is making me freak.

I am missing an album that I miss, Cheech and Chong - Soundtrack to Up In Smoke....

"CODE NAME, HARD HAT! HARD HAT!"

"bye bye lardass"

This zep thing is just getting eerie now!

I don't have the slightest idea who could possibily have had the inclining to take that cd. It must be some sort of a crazy government conspiracy. I wonder if Americans are loosing their cd #2 as well...

I will never have a good morning again, until I can wake up to the rain song...

Ok, a tad dramatic...

Maybe there is something to this then....

The International Zep #2 conspiracy. Call Mulder.. or

it could be that it's the one that's a wicked party mix/has all the favs (#3 is still my fav)

What I want to know is who does these unspeakable acts? Do they proudly display that one disc from the box set (where'd ya get that...ummm, used record store?)I say if you are there and you spot one of these criminals, bust 'em on behalf of the new formed....

Ministry of Missing CD's - who are my marshals?!?!

Sheriff scottieking

Might as well keep it going....it wasn't disc 2 of the box set, but someone stole a case of mine with about a dozen discs a few years ago. Aside from my pink floyd collection (which I have replaced) and the Beatles red and blue double albums (which I have pretty well replaced), I lost a Zeppelin bootleg that I haven't seen again. I know it was a show just after their first album was released, and the cool thing about it was that Robert sort of teased some lemon lyrics in a jam of How Many More Times (presumably before The Lemon Song was written). Anyway, I miss that one....