Jambands.ca

MOE IS OPENING FOR PHIL IN TORONTO

shainhouse

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Nothing like checking the board just before you crash out and getting news like that.

I was also kind of bitching that moe. didnt include a Toronto date in their spring tour (not that Syracuse is far just thats there's a border in the way) but hey they came through for me. This Toronto show is gonna be so much fun.

If I wanted to go to this show (and I do), which would be better: getting tickets through Moe ticketing, which looks like it works on-line, or GDTSToo, which looks like it only works via the mail (with envelopes, money orders, etc.)?

I've never seen either of them, so people's past experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Observations from last summers tour. The opening band did one long set, starting somewhere around 5. SCI did almost 2 hrs at the Creek and their fans complained (I still have no idea why). There is nothing like seeing a KILLER band open for an extended set and THEN seeing the PLQ.........

Phil starts around 7:30 and does a full show.

I'ld rather see Phil open for moe. personaly, but I do live in a dream world. Love moe. and I had vowed to never pay money to see Phil but for this show I will make an exception. Actually I'm a huge Warren Haynes fan so I would like to see this incarnation of the PLQ.

Even though I've really wanted to, I've yet to see the PLQ, and so the Toronto show was a must see for this summer, even before the addition of moe. as an opener. With moe., this is a MUST SEE show for me.

PLQ plus moe. equals a summer night of fantastic music within 75 minutes of my house. So sweet!

I've only seen moe. twice - their last Opera House show made me a big fan. I wasn't as impressed with their last show in Toronto at the Guvernment, but every time I hear a live show I think "wow, these guys are an awesome psychedelic rock band".

Peace, Mark

I too saw the Guvernment moe. show. My first and only moe. show to date. Not impressed. Ifeel they could put on a lot better show in the future. They were just off it seemed.

However, I doubt I will make it inside early enough to see moe. open for Phil. All I need to have a great night is for one band to blow my fucking mind. That's where Phil comes in! No need for moe's candy rock.

only seen moe once, and it was free. so, it was worth it. needless to say it was with dj logic. dj logic and project logic opened up though, and blew moe right out of the water, or at least i thought. but for free it'll be good. as i was planning on seeing plq i can consider this moe show free too, and maybe they'll convince me to actually pay and see them some day.

Until then, free moe for me.

Peace

all you silly moe.naysayers...I pity da fool dat dont recognize. for real they are my fav live act right now, and i've seen most of'em ('cept widespread who moe. is playin with in Detroit 2 days before Toronto). As far as their last show in Toronto that was the night after an absolutely epic halloween show...let's cut the boyz some slack! If anyone needs their eyes opened I'ld suggest listening to Moe.'s latest live release Warts and All. Damn. sweet, sweet ear candy.

Also moe.down is my favorite summer fest. It's just the right size, lots of great acts throughout the weekend and it's close to the border at a wicked nice venue! good fun to close out the summer.

moe. opening for the PLQ??!! hmmm, ill say what Bouche refrained from, you're nuts! tongue.gif" border="0

Phil Lesh = Amazing energy and SO HAPPY to be up there. Its Phil!

Jimmy Herring = well, listen to some Aquarium Rescue Unit and/or some Justice League of America and you'll understand.

Warren Haynes = power player, singer, SONG WRITER.

Rob Barraco = AMAZING voice and wonderful on the keys

John Molo = Ill bet he's one of the most sought after drummer going these days...

Im not saying that folks shouldn't like moe. or that they aren't talented. I just don't think they are in the same league as the PLQ. If ya'll like moe. THAT much, you ARE in for one hell of a show!! moe. will come on and blow your mind, THEN Phil will squirm in through your ears and erase anything you have stored in your mind up until that point in time smile.gif" border="0

Just so you know, I am jealous of you Ontario folks and all the great shows you get to see....