Question of the Day

bouche

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe I'm showing my age here but...

Dinky Cars! At the beach, making entire cities, Hot Wheels, Matchbox they were great

I used to love my action figures too. Star Wars, He-Man, Super Powers you name it.

With friends, my buddy Todd and I used to spend hours spying on our sisters. Used to love to make mini rivers with the spring run-off in the field and then getting our boots stuck (remember rubber boots?) Massive snow forts. Good times in nature.

Someone mentioned acting out movie scenes...on a sorta similar passtime me and my buds put on a couple of "Kiss Concerts" in my backyard. Seriously, full makeup, and some kind neighbourhood dad made us fake guitars (wish I still had my Gene Simmons bass!)

Haha! Duck Hunt! I loved that game.

Thanks for reminding me of grass clipping mazes too. Nice memory. If I remember correctly, I had my first kiss over a pile of newly raked grass clippings. Derek, if you're out there, I want you to know that it wasn't just because it was my first kiss, I have a lot more experience now and I still think you're the slimiest kisser ever. Nickalodean has nothing on that guy! Blah.

big_toungey.gif

Freeze. Kinda like flashlight tag. Couldn't run worth a damn, but I could hide like nothing else.

Blackjack. Thirty-one.

Pinball. Too bad my wrists don't like it anymore.

Australian-rules croquet.

Kick the Sunfish. You try to catch a tasty lake trout, catch a sunfish instead, remove it from the hook and drop kick it back into the water. (Actually, I was a gentle arcane and just slipped the fish back into the water, buuuut my buddies drop-kicked them.)

Did a lot of beach time, in the water (no beach bunny, me). Swallowed a fair bit of leaked boat fuel from the river, too. Spent most of my summers running around outdoors. (Yes, Bradm, really.) My (long) hair used to turn auburn from the sun. The rest of me was covered in fabric or PABA, back before anyone else knew what sunscreen was.

(The joke about me being outdoors is that I'm very pale due to mild photosensitivity and a tendency to burn very easily (they're not the same thing), and I rarely venture out in daylight these days. Yeah, I have a bit of an anemic thing going, too. Whacha gonna make of it?)

i can't believe we rolled this thread. smile.gif" border="0

swimming, yep had a pool pass and would spend all day every day at the pool - when the whistles blew between sessions we'd just run out front get a dickie dee and line up for the next session - they saved a ton o cash on babysitters those summers for sure.

i caught a lot of sunfish too arcane we'd feed them bread, so the island was surrounded, couldn't help but catch them. (hmmm, that makes me think of a question for tomorrow too)

people who held full makeup kiss concerts? i want to see pictures posted here ! if you dont have a scanner, mail me a pic and i will personally make sure it makes it up for us to see!

closest i got to giving concerts was hanging out in our friends basement playing spin the bottle and acting out Grease to the soundtrack album and paradise by the dashboard light i think hmm, havent thought of that in while...

quote:

Originally posted by howler:

Oh my god Akron.....I'm glad I wasn't the only one holding KIss concerts....we had them at our tree fort and charged kids cold,hard,cashola for our 'gigs'....were you in Huntington,Conn. by any chance?
shocked.gif" border="0

Hey Howler, no not in CT. Our gigs we're held on and under the swingset in my backyard in "Unionville Rock City" (north of Toronto). It was not long after these legendary performances that my mom busted my Kiss Alive album over her knee! shocked.gif" border="0 Seriously heavy memory for me! That little episode probably explains alot grin.gif" border="0

ive got to jump in and agree with Treyeter for me.. any sport that was going on in the neighbourhood i would play.. grew up in a subdivision with lots of kids around.. that roadhockey ritual daily was sweet... thanks Double B for reminding me of that... oh the days of pretending to be a certain nhl star against your friends... i did a pretty good Mike Palmateer... and no through the legs jokes...

you sucked tonight but Go Leafs GO

What were your favourite games when you were a kid ?

like i remember in kindergarten and stuff we use to play batman - i was catwoman, and gforce, i was zoltar - but later, i also remember huge neighbourhood hide and seek games at dusk ... those were great - except for the time i ran off the cliff...

does this question make any sense? - like you could say atari or twister or whatever you liked i guess

HAHAHAHA

A Spruce St. Man-Hunt game.... that would last all of about 5 seconds.... All you would have to do is walk into Pubwells and tag everyone.... if they ran away you could take their beer grin.gif" border="0

I remember back in the road hockey days..... even the Leafs were cool then..... I remember being Mark LaForest.... Ack!

Well, I can't think of a reason not to have a game of Man Hunt. Let's do it!

Hmmm. Frontier town has a lovely forest area, big open fields AND rolling hills. Sure beats a game of horseshoes! (IMO)

I must warn you all though, I just purchased a pair of rocket powered jumping/running/skipping sport sandals so I may have an unfair advantage.