Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 03-21-03

Ms.Huxtable

Oh my god, I love Family Guy, Stewie and Brian in particular make that show awesome. [big Grin] One of the greatest quotes in TV history:

Brian: Peter, if you're gonna pull a party out of your ass, you'd better stand up.

I also pretty much live my life by the Simpsons, so I'd have a hard time picking one character. I might be able to come up with a top 10 Simpsons character list... perhaps a future QoD Ms. Hux?

As a kid, I was always drawn to characters that were a bit hyperactive (surprise, surprise) - Road Runner and Tigger were definitely up there for me. Oh, and Marvin the Martian:

-

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom

Peace,

Mr. M.

Guest Low Roller

Holy shite! Family Guy is the greatest show! I have over twenty episodes of Family Guy ready to watch at a moments notice.

I smell a good reason to party.

Favorite childhood cartoon character:

-

I'm currently disenchanted with the crap that's passing by as cartoons nowadays. Besides Family Guy and Simpsons, cartoons suck. Anybody watch saturday morning cartoons anymore? They are all terrible.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I'm currently disenchanted with the crap that's passing by as cartoons nowadays. Besides Family Guy and Simpsons, cartoons suck. Anybody watch saturday morning cartoons anymore? They are all terrible.

yup, the cartoons of today are mostly just shite... 30 minute animated commercials... this one, however, is quite good (i've only just started checking it out and it is nifty)

-

Guest Low Roller

I've flipped through Samurai Jack before. Hasn't really captivated me, but I haven't really given it a chance.

Actually I lied. There is one cartoon that cracks me up, I don't know whether or not they still produce new episodes, but I watched Dexter's Laboratory last week and roared like a rabid clown.

-

In fact... I have an idea for a new avatar...

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, the flying sharks have got to go. I was pretty dissapointed with Beast Wars, but the next gen Beast Machines was pretty cool.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I dunno about that - now I'm a little biased 'cus my wife works in the business (she's a freelance animation writer) but I think there are a lot of cute shows out there. For young kids, some of the computer animated shows like Rollie Pollie Ollie (my avatar BTW is Rollie's harmonica playing sister Zowie) and Veggie Tails are extremely well done. There's some crap of course, but there have always been crappy cartoons and crappy TV generally, and I don't think there's any more now than ever before.

As far as cartoons geared at us more "mature" (and I use the term very loosely) folks, there are a few of really EXCELLENT ones (The Simpsons, South Park & Family Guy I'd say are all amoung the best shows on television today in any genre) and a whole mess of quite good ones (King Of The Hill, Futurama, Undergrads, What About Andy & Clone High, just off the top of my head, are all totally watchable-if-not-consistently-excellent shows.) I'd MUCH rather watch any of these shows than almost any live action sitcom currently in production, and certainly more than any of the so-call reality TV bull that fills the airwaves.

Oh and LR - that's a kickin' avatar! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Hey Mr. Musicface...you should get yer wife and my company talking sometime.... www.zodiacmedia.com - i'm sure my boss would be interested.

A favourite of mine that's pretty well only downloadable now that it got canned is Invader Zim... it's a pretty dark cartoon but the characters and animation is out there...and his sidekick robot is nuts!

uhhh the picture is a bit big i think...

-

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

Hey Mr. Musicface...you should get yer wife and my company talking sometime....
- i'm sure my boss would be interested.

Hey Tungsten, looks interesting - cool site, some excellent character designs!

I can mention it to her, her work so far has been strictly TV - she worked for a few years on staff at Nelvana and went freelance this year. She's got a pile of scripts on the go right now, but I know she'd be interested in getting into the corporate/online stuff to expand her porfolio.

Would you guys need a writer for like one-off stories or would it be more on-going? We should talk more...

Actually - were you thinking of coming to Bubba Gibbs tonight for Uncle Seth? She's hopefully coming out so maybe you two could chat a bit... just a thought.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Current faves, in no particular order:

• [*]Family Guy[*]Clone High

[*]The Oblongs

[*]Samurai Jack

[*]Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (I've heard rumours of an episode in which Scooby and Shaggy get busted for possession)--FRIDAY NIGHT at 10 p.m. on Teletoon

[*]underGRADS (Geez, I wish Teletoon would start showing some new episodes)

[*]Quads!

Honourable mention goes to Farscape for the Looney-Tunes-esque episode.

Past faves: Not too important to me--I'm not much for nostalgia.

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

Honourable mention goes to Farscape for the Looney-Tunes-esque episode.

Thanks for the Farscape mention Arcane. That particular episode was brilliant and funny, much like Farscape itself. The best sci-fi program since the original Star Trek.

i'm with you low roller...i LOVED transformers!!!

i even wrote a script for the cartoon when i was a kid...i know what a dork!

here's my fave...

-

he was such a bad ass!!! but could be a pansy at times too. i liked starscream better in the comics where he was more ruthless instead of a watered down TV version.

now its...

-

YES!!! Duckman!!

Jaimoe ... As far as I'm concerned, Farscape is one of the few things worth watching these days. To borrow a line from Bradm, "It suffers from good writing." Mind you, Bradm was talking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the time, but that show is also worth watching.

Archived