Jambands.ca

Did anyone tape the Bela Fleck Show ?

Stevil

Just listened to the recording pretty much straight through tonight- turned out well. We were trying to pick up on some of the teases- the St. Thomas (is that a Sonny Rollins tune?) Birdland (Weather Report- I know that cause we listened to that on vinyl after) is great. I distinctly remember them doing a snatch of Sanford and Son (Streetbeater is that what that ones called) and a few other hints of seventiesesque material- one song reminded me of a Charmin commercial from back in the day. Anyone else notice any of that?

...yup, it's on disc, fits onto 3. I would ideally like to do a bittorrent with this one, but am having some technical difficulties with regards to this so I can do blanks and postage for anyone who wants a copy. All you need to do is send three discs, plus equal postage to what it costs you to send to me and I'll do em' up and send them out to you. Just make sure to put a wee note in there with regards to what show you're after and it's a done deal.

Pete Lane

65 Division Street

Guelph, Ontario

N1H 1R3

...yeah, I also taped the Bela show on 4/20...

The reason that I ask that you remind me which show it is that you're after is because if you don't, than I won't have a clue what it is that you want on your blanks.

Far as the bittorrent thing goes, the technical difficulty has to do with something called "Sector Boundry Errors", also known as SBE's. Some torrents will say "SBE Fixed" or something like that. Basically, I use a standalone burner to master which does not automatically allign tracks on sector boundries. Apparently this can cause pops between tracks when played back on certain systems which pisses people off, so you aren't supposed to seed a show unless you have verified that there are no sector boundry errors. Just as soon as I get Tungsten over to show me how to install and use the shntool program, I'm in business. Sorry about the long winded explanation folks! Long story short, I don't want to seed any of my shit until I'm positive that it's 100% as it should be.