Jambands.ca

Phish - Ed Sullivan Theatre Rooftop - setlist

Esau

06/21/04 Ed Sullivan Theatre Rooftop, New York, NY

Late Show With David Letterman

Set I: Scents and Subtle Sounds*, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Wilson, Chalkdust Torture, Tweezer> Tweezer Reprise

*Soundcheck.

Is the music always the last thing? I don't really feel like sitting in front of the TV for the whole show but I wouldn't mind seeing the Phish part.

BTW, you'll all be happy to know that I got a killer First Tube from TAB at Bonnaroo. You might recall that was my preference for the last Phish song ever played. I'm sure it won't be Phish's but at least I got to see it (and with fireworks to top it off)!

Guest Low Roller

Nice new sig Booche.

This will get me flogged by the hardcores, but I thought that Phish translated horribly to TV last night. Maybe live and full of drugs Scents and Subtle Sounds may sound good, but sober and sitting on my couch Phish once again disappointed me with another lame TV appearance. It's no wonder I can't get my non-jamband friends to get Phish.

The whole marquee thing was pretty cool though. Did anyone notice any mic stands in the audience? I would be shocked if I don't find an audio copy of the entire set on the internet. The rest of the set looks to be good (with the last 2001 ever thrown in for good measure?).

Did anyone notice any mic stands in the audience? I would be shocked if I don't find an audio copy of the entire set on the internet. The rest of the set looks to be good (with the last 2001 ever thrown in for good measure?).

Check my post above.Theres a link to the bit torrent forum which is a link to the complete show in audio.

I did find an DVD rip download on STG but its only the one song which aired on TV.

Guest Low Roller

My bad. I saw the link in the DVD forum and forgot the check the Audio forum. Still a little groggy from waking up I guess.

I agree low roller...

I have slowly gone from Phish-fan to complete-non-Phish-fan over the past couple of years and seeing them on Letterman helped me understand why. That song wasn't just weak, it was AWFUL and embarassing. Does anyone out there actually think that's a good song?? Their singing was also terrible as usual and the whole thing made them look like ridiculous clichés. More evidence that Trey can piss in a microphone and the Phish fans will lap it up like pups to a teat. I think they should have broken-up years ago, it's been over since 99' IMHO anyways... Bring on the blind Phish loyalty and try to tell me I'm wrong everyone...

More evidence that Trey can piss in a microphone and the Phish fans will lap it up like pups to a teat.

Fucking gold Weezy.

Thanks.

I've learned my lesson about laying off the "phan" bashing thats for sure(I was wrong to stop).After the crap I have read the last couple days.

I posted another source of this (although partial Scents only)in the thread to this in the bit torrent forum, this source is from the mics people said they saw in the crowd right in front of the PA.Supposely a better recording.