Jambands.ca

Three albums everyone should be issued at birth

secondtube

Proto-rock perfection.

d13102yd3x6.jpg

Issued at birth, maybe, but then held in trust until the kid was in his/her early-to-mid teens. Giving "Trout Mask Replica" to a newborn to listen to is like reading the kid "Naked Lunch" as a bedtime story.

Aloha,

Brad

Esau, I think that two music generation gaps are the only thing that separates why more people haven't mentioned Music From The Big Pink as essential.

Whether people like The Band or not, MFTBP is one of the great pop albums of all time. Hey, I don't even own the album and I know it's essential.

Here's something folks might not agree with, but ... while I love BOTT, in fact it is my favorite Dylan, I'm thinking the emotional content might be a little too, I dunno, adult for quite the status of "issued at birth". I figure start of with Freewheelin' and move on from there, as they get older. All, of course, IMHO.

RnB

BOTT is just a real personal choice. I first bought it in Grade 8 and it's still as mysterious and beautiful as it was then. I grew with it, so every line means something new depending on my situation, and I suspect it'll always be like that for me. To my mind, it's the absolute pinnacle for singers/songwriters/artists.

It was either that or Anal Cunt's "It Just Gets Worse". I chose Dylan. The kids will find AC on their own once they discover daddy's liquor cabinet.