Jambands.ca

****Slip to play Guelph Jazz Festival**** HOAX

zero

That's right kids, you heard it here first!!!

...And, you have yours truly to thank for having the boys come down for the late night slot on Saturday night. Looks like it's going to be the e-bar unless we can swing a liquor licence at the youth music centre for the night.

LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says 2004 when I hit that link. ::

when I hit it, the top of my browser (the blue part that says "- Microsoft Internet Explorer" above File, Edit, View, etc.) says "The 2003 Season"

I know the graphic on the page says 2004, was thinking maybe they're not done updating (or overlooked the html title by accident)

seems to me I remember another big U.S. band being booked for Sept. 11 up in Canada a while back, an interesting modern trend it seems

No mention of The Slip on Sept. 11th on the official Guelph jazz Fest site, here's The Slip's tour dates (courtesy of http://theslip.com/calendar.php ):

08/07/04 ::  The Ice Cream Truck @ Tyrone Farm - Pomfret, CT

08/13/04 ::  Sustainable Grassfest 2004 | K @ Kirkwood Mountain Resort - Kirkwood, CA

09/06/04 ::  Castaways | Ithaca, NY @ Castaways - Ithaca, NY

09/07/04 ::  Carnegie Mellon Univ. | Pittsb @ Carnegie Mellon University / The Underground - Pittsburgh, PA

09/08/04 ::  Oberlin College | Oberlin, OH @ Oberlin College - Oberlin, OH

09/09/04 ::  The Patio | Indianapolis, IN @ The Patio - Indianapolis, IN

09/10/04 ::  Double Door | Chicago, IL @ Double Door - chicago, IL

09/11/04 ::  Mississippi Nights | St. Louis @ Mississippi Nights - St Louis, MO

09/12/04 ::  The Bottleneck | Lawrence, KS @ The Bottleneck - Lawrence, KS

09/14/04 ::  Glenn Miller Ballroom | Boulde @ Glen Miller Ballroom (University of Colorado) - Boulder, CO

09/15/04 ::  Aggie Theater | Ft. Collins, C @ Aggie Theatre - Ft. Collins, CO

09/16/04 ::  Bluebird Theater | Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre - Denver, CO

09/17/04 ::  Austin City Limits Festival | @ Austin City Limits Music Festival - Austin, TX

10/01/04 :: Clark University | Worcester, @ Clark University / The Grind - Worcester, MA

10/02/04 :: Paradise Rock Club (NEMO Show) @ Paradise Rock Club - Boston, MA

10/07/04 :: Revolution Hall | Troy, NY @ Revolution Hall - Troy, NY

10/08/04 :: The Funk Box | Baltimore, MD @ The Funk Box - Baltimore, MD

10/09/04 :: Theater of the Living Arts @ Theatre of the Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA

10/10/04 :: Buttonwood Tree | Middletown, @ Buttonwood Tree - Middletown, CT

10/29/04 :: The Big Easy | Portland, ME @ The Big Easy - Portland, ME

10/30/04 :: Pearl Street | Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street - North Hampton, MA

Sept. 11th looks impossible to me, unless The Slip have a lear jet we don't know about...

They wouldn't kill at the office but they'd sure entertain the 50 or so people that'd show up...I'd make the trip back for it. I think that London is one of my fave cities for good times at shows but not enough people would know about the slip. You'd have all the new agey folk that you never see out to shows, all the show goers, and a few people that'd drop by IF it got press...which i'd hope it would.

I hope the Slip play more Canadian dates but it seems that in every town I've been to people don't pack houses for live entertainment all the time.

we need to set up teams to totally destroy all the dance clubs and hoser bars in the humdrum white towns a la arson. that'd be the only way you'd get people realizing live music is a viable form of entertainment, but i doubt we'll see that. people don't like to think for themselves and the less thought you have to put into your entertainment (club house and bad rap) the easier it is to get silly fratboys and sorority girls to go out and be social.

GO TEAM GASOLINE!

Very much a highjacked username. Sorry kids blame Weirdness for the jerk off. I wondered what the PM from guigsy was all about. The only good thing is they went with Do Make Say Think which I am dying to see and happens to be one of Brad's favourite bands of the moment. fu©king dick weirdness that is just fu©king cruel.