Jambands.ca

The Slip - Gear stolen in NYC!

Esau

Appears their gear/equipment was stolen in NYC before they were to play at Gathering of The Vibes festival earlier today and Strangefolk's stolen 2 days before.

I read it on the GOTV messegeboard but cross checked it on the Slip's Graffiti pages .

sh!tty deal,if it ain't canceled or sketchy then its somthing else at festivals this year,what a freakin year....

thats really rough... hope someone does organize a fund raiser to help them re-acquire some gear and they find some of their stolen gear in the pawn shops... they should put up a list of exactly what was stolen so the locals there can keep an eye out

guess what you hear about crime in NYC is true

best wishes to the band... sad

That sucks.

I can still remember when Frank Black had his gear stolen the last time he did a solo tour - he played Toronto's Horseshoe Tavern with a new Telecaster ( I was there )!! That great Tele from his Pixies days, that influenced so many people, was stolen in Detroit a few days before.

Also, Carlos had his beloved guitar stolen a few years ago. He offered a reward but I believe it's still gone. Maybe that's the reason his last albums have gone in different and terrible directions?

Musically, personally and professionally I can see them rebounding admirably but it is still a real nightmare. It's not as if they're at a level where they can just swallow a loss like that. Maybe the String Cheese should pony up for some new gear for actual artists.

Has anyone checked with Filipowitsch? Maybe he found the gear and is babysitting it?

where's that rolling eyes smillie when you need it :P

I'm sure the band will be able to get replacement gear pretty quick and this will indeed lead to a bold new Slip sound (which I eagerly await, as all things Slip) but man, you can grow so attached to the energy you've shared with an instrument... those sweet spots that are "yours alone"... buy those boys some drinks if you see them