Jambands.ca

Who is getting Slippery in Toronto: SLIP:ROLLCALL

Jay Funk Dawg

Oil of Wild Oregano!!! Guigs everyone I know who knows about these things swears by the stuff. I'd frankly go for Echinacea/Goldenseal and the Oil of Oregano - it's really supposed to be a miracle cure of sorts.

get out and get loaded... tonight... now

knock that sh!t out of your system... only thing that worked for me for the last flu to end all flu's (after nero in Hamilton I was fine, had been home taking vitamins and drinking herbal concoctions for a week to no avail)

become an unfriendly host (to germs)

As to the Slip busting out some rare gems in the last few days an American fan made a similar remark to mine:

Being on the road and pleasing the crowds as well as yourselves must be hard. The thing is though; that if people would understand this and see that they are compromising what songs they should play with what they want and what others want to hear, this is being very open minded. I personally think that is something they don't need to do, but who knows maybe the balance will come from it. I just think it's great that they are doing this. But then again, what do I know?

Wonder if they'll bust out with Nashua Rose or Lucky Dragon. Very cool that they busted all they have this past week and this one so far...

I for one sincerely hope they do not play Nashua Rose (that ain't the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald) but whole heartedly concur about the Lucky Dragon.

For the rolling tally, in pretty much this order, here is what I am pushing for:

Honey Melon

Rhythm and Gold

Spice Groove

Ernie Mickey

You Might Say

Lucky Dragon

Lazilee (Through The Iron Gate)

We'll see how many of those I can get them to plough through in TO and the Hammer cause I'm out on MTL.

Poo poo poo to the poor boy MarcO! I would've expected better out of you ya big Philistine.

I'm praying for a 5 a.m./whisper me off to sleep despite it having been played quite recently. Also, Through the Iron Gate and Even Rats (oh God, even rats alone would be a killer)

i have never heard the slip :: but crash n burn wants to go on friday so it sounds good to me. anybody got a heady ride for two hot mamas heading out from either kitchener, cambridge or browntown? or anybody passing through those places on your way to hamilton? (brantford is on the 403/ 24 and cambridge is on the 401/ 24, kitchener is on the 401, my house is about two minutes from the 401) we can get to either of those cities but need a connection from there. :)

Poo poo poo to the poor boy MarcO! I would've expected better out of you ya big Philistine.

A good song's a good song. I take 'em where I can find 'em because God knows they're not easy to find!

I'm not knee-deep in Slippiness, I just know I like how they sound and how they make me feel. I have a long way to go before I can speak authoritatively on their catalogue.

So, they play "Poor Boy" and you just stand there next to me and dig it, a'ight? ::