Jambands.ca

slip in montreal 10/16/2004

meggo

Set 1: intro->Paper Birds, Tonight We Leave Chicago, Wolof, Lonely Boy???, Driving Backwards With You, Even Rats#

Set 2: Fear Of Falling, Proud, Fuji, December's Children,

Sorry->With Or Without You

E: Suffocation Keep, What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding^

musta been a fun show!

We were up front, so I didnt notice any talking aside from "Holy fu©k, that was unbelievable!" after many of the songs.

Thanks Ahess, Brad Barr and some Slip crew member for giving me help with the setlist. Looks like I have Even Rats before Driving Backwards With You, so I am not sure which is correct.

The second set began with a Nic Nac Paddywack loop before

going into Fear Of Falling (which I labelled as Chasing Rabbits, but I am not sure about that either). Proud was especially strong and Decembers Children contained a Sweet Child Of Mine vocal line from Brad. Suffocation Keep is a fantastic tune. It sounds like Brad is singing throw a mega-phone, even though he isnt.

LOL... oh sweet jesus... that was one of the funniest moments of the night. just re-reading that i'm trying not to burst out cackling b/c poor brah del is comatose on my futon behind me... ohhhhhh my goodness. i have seen a lot of partying, but burnt eyelashes are a first.

Dang, that show was incredible. I thought the venue was amazing. Small and intimate,smiling people filling every inch of the room. The music was absolutely mind blowing. We were up front for the entire show and I felt like my cheeks were going to explode from the huge smile I had all night.

The party was epic as well. Man Ottawa knows how to show Montreal a good time. ;) That night is one for the books.

And if I haven't said it loud enough before, hear me now... I LOVE THE SLIP!!!!!!!!!

Whoa...

One great weekend of music thats for sure.

Huge cheers & thanks to Country Cowboy for doin one amazing amount of driving and getting us to Montreal and back.Awesome time,look forward to partying with ya again brother.

Ahess,great to finally meet ya my friend,hope the hotel guy didn't take me seriously when you were signing in... ;)

I post more when my head isn't so cloudy...

blue flame ? uh oh. Sounds like a Jackass DVD.

I need to hear about this.

Anyhoo, I have been marvelled today, everytime I recollect about last evening's events and one really notable situation is running into Esau after the show . Holy crap, that was a very unique and completly memorable suprise. Love you Esau!

There are many days needed to share about The Slip feelings and talk about them I think. I don't even know how I can help anyone comprehend what I personally experienced without sitting at a table with a pitcher of beer to talk it all over.

This was a great venue for our evening, and knowing that they made an effort to keep the numbers withing the local code bylaws ensures that we were over-fortunate. It was hot as SHITE in there, but that was a detail easily forgotten due to the fact that there was probably about 100 people less than the over-capacity numbers.

My friend Randy from work came out. He was COMPLETELY blown away by the Slip. He and his girlfriend, Krissy, shared with us, many smiles and hugs thanks to Slip music.

There were so many leg-kicking moments, I know I was lucky to be in a spot that I couldn't accidentally nail someone in the back of the knees.

Ka----Pow!!!

Anyway, this is just one of my first posts about last night, and I hope to do more. I'm really trying to find a way to share what I personally felt, and I think that is the hardest story to tell.

Thank you ThE Slip!

To join in on the photo sharin...

(to Guigsy and Dave-boy...sorry but I had to use flash here and there. this photo is just my favorite memory of brad's killer guitar face)

slip_brad.jpg

Oh sh!t, another "Booch". Welcome to the Sanctuary Boochawan.

Another thing I wanted to add about the Slip show in Montreal - We were with a couple of newbies who had never seen or really even heard much of the Slip before. I told them over and over again how The Slip was going to tear our hearts apart and make us cry. They played an exact opposite show. It was totally raging the whole night.

I miss them already. :(