Jambands.ca

Canadian Protests make the news in the States

SevenSeasJim

I'm dreading the ride home from work tomorrow....even tonight. They're closing down many of the road options into hull. I think it's because GWB is attending something at the museum of civilization which is just up the street from our house.

I'm going to have to bring a few travellers to make the traffic livable.

I'm dreading the ride home from work tomorrow....even tonight. They're closing down many of the road options into hull. I think it's because GWB is attending something at the museum of civilization which is just up the street from our house.

Why not just take the day off :)

Bouche or anybody that drives to work downtown and lives in Hull....Chances are you'll have a better and easier time walking!!!

Routes 8, 27, 40 will not travel to Gatineau, only the 105 and 180 out of Lebreton. There won't be any buses north of Albert either!!! Routes that normally travel Wellington and Rideau are going to be redirected over the Mackenzie bridge but will not stop to let people off or on!

Plus they said this may change without notice tomorrow morning so god knows what's gonna happen!

http://www.octranspo.com

being in the streets of Quebec City during the FTAA protests were a few of the most meaningful days of my existence... I can't make it to Ottawa tomorrow but if I was in Ottawa there would be nothing that could keep me from being out tomorrow... Bush doesn't give a damn if he creates generations of war so long as he capitalizes on his and his cronies self interest... even if you're not totally outraged at the guy its an amazing learning and spiritual experience to gather with tens of thousands of caring people who've come together because they care about the world they're living in enough to try and make a difference

Just saw on the news police being sworn in for this.

This is what concerns me....who are they? Have they any experiance in crowd controll or human relations et.?

Think of it...you're new, inexperianced, probably under 30....thrown into a possible riot situation...emotions are running high...on what experiance do you fall back on? How do you not react out of shock and fear?

Who do they swear in for a day? Anyone know?

Paris if we're lucky....haha....dude throws gas....Paris replies....that's hhot :P

yeah, don't grab tear gas cannisters with your bare hands... very hot and will burn you

the cops don't want a riot, neither do the protesters... it suprised me in Quebec how many cops were actually supportive, not all but a lot... there were something like 5000 cops brought in from all over the country in Quebec... we threw tear gas back at them which on tv looks like hooligans being out of control whereas the reality of the situation was that they were shooting tear gas into a crowd full of older women and kids on a steep hill so we started throwing it back yelling that they were the ones with the gas masks "Excuse me, I think you dropped this."... the whole commotion was started by 17 year old quebec city kids throwing their beer bottles at the cops 2 blocks away from us

I'm so envious of you guys... if anyone makes it down flip the double bird for me and yell "paisley sends his regards" please

Just saw on the news police being sworn in for this.

This is what concerns me....who are they? Have they any experiance in crowd controll or human relations et.?

Think of it...you're new, inexperianced, probably under 30....thrown into a possible riot situation...emotions are running high...on what experiance do you fall back on? How do you not react out of shock and fear?

Who do they swear in for a day? Anyone know?

Paris if we're lucky....haha....dude throws gas....Paris replies....that's hhot :P

I *think* (and I could be wrong) that when officers from other jurisdictions (like Toronto, Montreal in this case) they have to be temporarily sworn in to the local police force so they have the same powers of arrest and restraint as the locals. Maybe StoneMtn can verify this?

For sure 100% they're not new cops with no experience, they're just from out of town.

AD