Jambands.ca

No Dead tour this summer, according to Warren

Booche

First, hockey was cancelled and now, no Dead tour. This is an AWESOME day indeed!

Mule train!

By WENDY KALE Colorado Daily Music Writer

It's Valentine's week and there are some sweet shows coming to Boulder. The Valentine's shows range from the rocking Gov't Mule concert, to the soulful sounds of young singers Marc Broussard and Citizen Cope, to DeVotchka's indie music Valentine's bash.

The biggest concert rush of the week involved locals grabbing up tickets for Sunday's Gov't Mule show at the Fox. The guitar-army band will also be playing the Fillmore Saturday, but everyone knows that Warren Haynes and the boys' riffs are going to sound a lot tighter in the confines of the intimate Fox club.

Gov't Mule features the blistering guitar work of Haynes - who also doubles as a guitarist for the Allman Brothers. Churning out Southern-style, funk-filled rock tunes, the Mule now counts the college market as a large chunk of its fan base.

The Mule is out touring with its new CD "Deja Voodoo," a record that featured all-new (before the tapers got to it) material. This is also the first record the Mule recorded since the death of long-time bassist Allen Woody.

"These songs reflect the rebirth of the band and show off the new band members," explained Haynes. "These new songs celebrate life and tell you not to sweat the small stuff. We decided to present the new songs in this format to make it a fresh experience for our audience. It spoils the surprise if everyone's already heard and taped the songs."

Better check out the Mule while you have a chance, as the group just did a five-night stint as the house band for the Carson Daly show and its gearing up for a summer music festival tour. Can you say Wakarusa?

"I'm still juggling the Allmans and Gov't Mule," said Haynes. "This year won't be as busy, because there's no Grateful Dead tour. Last year I juggled all three tours! But we're really looking forward to playing the Fox. When we do small places we try to make it more of an event and something the fans will really remember."

Bring on the phil and phriends...no offece to Bobby or Warren, but they just can't keep up to phil and Jimmy. I sat this after listening to the recent phil show 2-12-05. The Dead don't come close to this jamming, and Warren isn't boring the crowd with his version of Desperado....just my 2 cents..

Bring on the phil and phriends...no offece to Bobby or Warren, but they just can't keep up to phil and Jimmy. I sat this after listening to the recent phil show 2-12-05. The Dead don't come close to this jamming, and Warren isn't boring the crowd with his version of Desperado....just my 2 cents..

Bobby can't keep up to Phil? [color:"purple"]You must mean Phil's singing... Bring on Ratdog tour!

"This year won't be as busy, because there's no Grateful Dead tour."

he had better not be callin the dead the grateful dead. blasphemous.

...unless he's referring to the fact that he won't be following jerry & co. around in his westfalia this summer between gigs with the allmans and the mule... ?

edit to add: bring on Phil & friends!

Bobby can't keep up to Phil? [color:"purple"]You must mean Phil's singing... Bring on Ratdog tour!

I love Phil's singing ::

Got to agree with Cully - everytime I see the Dead, I've been more than happy - everytime I see Phil & Friends I've been absolutely blown away!!

P&F(PLQ version) is the sh!t! they are way better than rat dog hands down any night of the week. the power of phil and friends is amazing. i'm not knocking ratdog either because i always enjoy my ratdog shows. even the time DJlogic played with ratdog(what the fucks up with that??).