Jambands.ca

Any good shows going down tonight in the tDot?

CyberHippie

Executive Summary: Go see 'em.

If you check out the MP3s on their website (IIRC, most of a couple of albums are there), you hear some quirky, off-beat songwriting, and quietly subdued, always appropriate, playing. Live, they have that, but add hard-jamming (and things like straight-up reggae and ska feel) to the mix. I saw them in Ottawa back in November, and they blew me away; they're playing here tomorrow night, and I pretty much can't wait.

Aloha,

Brad

Congratulations on the success on your torrent. I am unsure how that was related to my request.

Also, thanks for the descriptive answer on the type of band/type of music. Great band gives me a whole lot to go on.

Please let me know if any of these people also like Grand Theft Bus - to put things in perspective.

Thanks Greg!

Congratulations on the success on your torrent. I am unsure how that was related to my request.

Also, thanks for the descriptive answer on the type of band/type of music. Great band gives me a whole lot to go on.

Please let me know if any of these people also like Grand Theft Bus - to put things in perspective.

Thanks Greg!

No need to be a little bitch about things,I mentioned my torrent in case you were interested (just trying to spread the music ya know),sorry its not a torrent of your boy-friends band and after I read Bradm's posts I felt I would have only been repeating what he had said anyway,hence my saying "as mentioned many times by many people".

If you would like carbon copy reviews then I guess I can do that for you but I fail to see how that would help you either.I posted a review of the Hamilton show,not the best but one anyway.

I also fail to understand what GTB has to with this,would you be clear with what you were refering to them for?.Perhaps its time for a break from the computer,there was no attitude in my post..unlike yours.

ps.Thanks for taking the time to reply with a your sarcasm instead of thanking folks like Bradm who provided you with the info your were requesting,typical "phan" mentality I guess,so no surprise.... ::

LOL

Then why reply at all? Didn't Bradm's reply help you?

I guess I should be buying tickets for Destiny's Child.

If people saying Slowcoaster is a great band makes you feel you should buy Destiny's Child tickets then go for it.Although I again fail to see how that is related to Slowcoaster.

Ya know,you could have just done what everyone else on this board did and read some threads,you'd have gotten your answer before you even asked it...seems simple enough

I think The John Butler Trio is at Lee's tonight. Also, dark folk singer/guitarist M. Ward is in town, doing a solo acoustic gig. M. is afrequent collaborator with Jimmy James for MMJ. I've seen ward live and he is excellent.

I'd go to either of these shows if I wasn't broke from my recent vacation.

Esau,

I was being a smartass. Wanna know why? Cause I am a smartass. Didn't call anyone names - that's not my deal.

Anyhow, to dig up a favourite quote of mine:

Arguing on the Internet is like being in the special olympics - even if you win you're still retarded.

:)

I'm sure my cousin would love to hear your favourite quote,he enters everytime.Although he's not retarded,just has downs...pretty ignorant in my opinion,but hey guess thats your deal.

I did call you a name,wanna know why? Because thats how you came across to me,if I am worng then I take it back.Instead of deciding to be a smartass,don't ya think just disregarding my post since it didn't help you anyway and acknowledging those who had information useful to you would have been more productive?

Still trying to figure out what the GTB reference refers to...wanna enlighten us here? Or was it just a off topic slam of a band you don't like,made for absolutley no reason what-so-ever?

::

do you play anything Tickler? You could always come down to the Gypsy for the accoustic jam on Monday. Even if you don't play anything it's a good place to enjoy some music, have a few pints and relax in a space that's as comfortable as an east coast kitchen.

yeah I play Guitar and Bass. Not extremely well, but good enough to get buy and play rythym. I don't sing as well unfortunately. I think I will check this out.

Where abouts in Toronto is this?