Jambands.ca

4 RCMP officers killed in pot bust

dave-O

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not a good thing for everyone that would like to see weed decriminalized. This is a big black mark!

C'mon. It's 'definitely not a good thing' for the families of the 4 police officers who were murdered.

I love how the second post in this thread immediately makes the link. fu©k.

AD

4tor.jpg

Not to diminish the loss here, but Massacre?!? A bunch of rookie cops fu©ked up a raid - they were obviously ill-prepared and ignorant of the situation at hand. In any other profession, guys like this would not be heralded as heroes and martyrs, but rather tragic Darwin recipients.

[color:"orange"] “according to conservative estimates calculated by provincial and territorial Workplace Compensation Boards. Each year there are 1,000 workers killed, one million workplace injuries, and thousands of workers made sick or diseased by their work.”

Statement by Judy Darcy

Now that’s a MASSACRE!

Not to diminish the loss here, but Massacre?!? A bunch of rookie cops fu©ked up a raid - they were obviously ill-prepared and ignorant of the situation at hand. In any other profession, guys like this would not be heralded as heroes and martyrs, but rather tragic Darwin recipients.

You're obviously an idiot. I hope nobody you know ever gets murdered.

AD

The biggest loss of Canadian officers since 1885 is not a massacre?? Obviously there was a lot more going on here than marijuana and sure it will be construed as "grow op kills cops" in the media, but I can't believe what I just read here. Give your heads a shake people.

You're obviously an idiot.

Thanks.

All I was trying to point out is that construction workers and doctors and fisherman and tons of other noble laborers get killed in the line of duty every day. Why do only cops get all the big awareness-raising headlines and proclamations of heroism?

I come to this board partly to avoid ignorance; hence the post. I’m sorry if my seeming insensitivity offends you. My heart goes out to the families of both the victims and the perp. There’s no need to kill over pot (or anything, really); the plot must be a lot thicker than what’s been published.

There's a big difference between a fisherman getting swept off a boat or a load of lumber falling on a construction worker and a police officer getting shot with a rifle.

And the cop is doing his job by confronting those in society breaking the law. A construction worker doesn't confront the load of lumber falling off the truck.

Workplace accidents are tragic yes, but the murder of 4 people actually fulfilling their job description and not just on the receiving end of accidents is what made your post so stupid and insensitive and offensive.

AD

The whole thing is profoundly stupid in so many ways - people killed over what? Now there's a lifetime of longing and suffering by the family and friends left behind, and a further ratcheting up of the stupidity of these laws and the power used to enforce them - who, after all, would push now to change those laws and so render these deaths even more meaningless?

You should be sad, not angry. For those who read the articles in the link, it mentions the trajic loss of life. It goes on to say, how and why the officers came to be there. It then raises many questions of procedure and ambush, etc.

Although some may have posted firstly, about the loss of life; others of the idea of police mistake; others, of the stike against pot legislation; really, all are legitimate issues within the scope of this event. When there is trajedy, people react differently, a lot of the times they react in ways they normally would not. Emotions, sometimes can become manic when in crisis, don't get too quickly bent out of shape. We all know EVERYBODY thinks this is a horrible loss of life. Don't forget the actual issue at hand. Opinionated bebate should be after the morning period.

Way to go on the spelling there, d'oh!!! I'm leaving it in. just 'cuz. ::

so who is more a hero - the cop who dies trying to rescue an old lady from a burning building or the cop who gets smoked during a drug bust??

the fisherman contends with water as his work place hazard.

the cops contend with bullets. if you don't want to chance getting shot pick up a fishing pole assholes!

Sorry - I didn't want to labour the word "stupid" - I do see Large Marge's point about the tragedy of other banal deaths, and that there are proportionately more sins of omission (i.e. preventable deaths) than of commission (i.e. deliberate murder) in this. And nobody should be in a line of work where they feel they have to get paranoid and cart around firearms to guard a bunch of stupid plants.

wow, one of your best friends is a mountie!! that must make you an expert on all police matters.

I'm no expert. I'm proud of his accomplishments, as I am with many of my friend's accompishments, personal and professional. My mountie friend has given me insight into his job and what he has to go through on a daily basis. And you can shove your sarcasm.

I don't think heroism comes in gradients. I'd say all cops are heros for sure. Even the ones who have stopped me in the past. I could have had a knife and been deranged, who knows.

All the fishermen I know see the water as a partner not as an opponent in their workplace. But this is all semantics. It is very rare that a cop contends with bullets.

Anyways, I think we can all agree that the cops should be mourned, not mocked. Is that too much to ask?

AD

There's a big difference between a fisherman getting swept off a boat or a load of lumber falling on a construction worker and a police officer getting shot with a rifle.

And the cop is doing his job by confronting those in society breaking the law. A construction worker doesn't confront the load of lumber falling off the truck.

This is where I think our thoughts diverge most notably… how then would you explain the concept of danger pay? Personally, I would be as likely to sign up for an offshore oil-rig job as I would to be a police officer… and while I don’t know the actual stats, I’d say the former is probably as much, if not more life-threatening than the latter. Just setting foot onto the job site (as a cop, or lumber-hauler) is more confrontation of danger than I would ever want!

Your personal insults are unnecessary AD… as I said, I am sorry if my post offended you but I certainly don’t feel I’ve warranted a label of “stupid” or “idiot”

so who is more a hero - the cop who dies trying to rescue an old lady from a burning building or the cop who gets smoked during a drug bust??

the fisherman contends with water as his work place hazard.

the cops contend with bullets. if you don't want to chance getting shot pick up a fishing pole assholes!

wow. if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all... speaks volumes in this thread.

Like Jamoie one of my best friends is also an RCMP officer, it hits a little closer to home when it could easily have been him shot if he got posted in northern alberta instead of NFLD. I hope he is doing well today and coping with this tragedy.

Is this really the time to call cops assholes for doing there job? well done.....