Jambands.ca

Why you like about the city you found to live in?

Deeps

downtown kitchener

-the hookers

-the crackheads (especially the ones that hang out in my backyard)

-the constant sirens

-the smell

-the general sense of discomfort when walking alone

-the fact that i'm home by myself 90% of the time because my bf is in three different musical groups

-the lack of nature

-the fact that i know about six people in this city and five of them are members of diesel dog

maybe i just like the fact that i'm leaving

kitchener's not all bad, i really will miss my bunny, apartment and my job

lake cowichan (soon to be home)

-rainforest

-lake

-river

-mountains

-small town

-library's hiring

-i already know five people out there and none of them are in a band (that i know of, but i don't really care as i'm not dating any of them)

-pet dog (that i know from ontario) and pet wolf, (how cool is that?!?)

-hiking

-swimming

-biking

-i'm going to an arlo guthrie concert two weeks after i arrive

-it's kind of an adventure to move across the country with no one to hold your hand the whole way! :) (even if i am whussing out and just flying out there to meet up with some friends, it's still exciting for me!)

I could really live almost anywhere,preferably north of 60 if I had my way.But what I dig most about Hamilton is:

Family & friends.

The live music scene we *really* have here which for the most part goes unmentioned usually because it happens alot on the fly...when you have musicians like Daniel Lanois,Tom Wilson,Doug Feaver & Brian Griffith (sp?) to mention a mere few just wandering the local bar/music scene you are bound to see sh!t on stage that'll never occur again.Add to that all the amazing bands that are here also.

The escarpment & Bruce Trail,Binbrook,Dundas,Cootes Paradise & the close proximity of numerous other places to hike,swim,camp or just feel like your away from the city are also big favourites for me.

Being an industrial electrician (I.B.E.W - L.U.105) I sorta also like the fact we have the steel mills & other industries because I have spent a good part of 15 years working in them.

I live in Quispamis N.B, just 15 minutes outside of Saint john

Beautiful well maintained town, right along the edge of the kennebecaisis river, lots biking,hiking,nature trails all over, beaches on lakes or oceans all within 30 minutes mac, water skiing boating, camping, or just chillin out at the cottage with some freinds and a few pops!! Not much compared to all the things to do in central and western canada, but its exaclty what i'm after now!

Cheers

Josh

I like that I can get excited about every new season in Ottawa, knowing that someone here will show me something new. Whether it's a hike/beach in the Gatineau's, THE spot to have ducks eat out of your hand, skating on the canal, snowboarding, bike trails (my goal for this spring/summer), hot tubby (ohhh, hot tubby!)....and I can't wait for the rest of my list to fill out.

Oh, and being the out-of-town Aunt that my nephew and neices can come visit w/o parents! Look out BluesFest!

Yup, I love this city. And it was a tough love. I hated this city (w/o knowing it) from the age of 17. And even when I was here PT for 2 years-ish, I still didn't invest much into it (didn't even know my way around in a cab). But it definitely took hold and got the best of me. And am I ever glad it did. I love this town. And I love sharing it with so many superb people.

ottawa--love/hate/love

my hometown...i have always enjoyed the recreational aspects to this city.

i used to enjoy the skate commute to work...not many other places that is possible.

the ottawa river...my soon to be kayak training ground

skiing...i really missed this place when i was in st. catharines for ten years.

barrymores

mechanicsville

gatineau park

ckcu

bluesfest

ricardo's pizza

so good asian food

working in the summer sunshine

Rural Eastern Ontario...10 minutes from Merrickville and Oxford Mills,, 5 minutes from Burritt's rapids, 7 from Andrewsville, and 15 minutes from kemptville...oh yeah - about 45 minutes away from downtown Ottawa...

I like being a quick drive from the city but removed and isolated enough to not spend all of my time meeting new people that take my focus. I like the fresh air, proximity to friends and some great musicians.

Proximity to the Rideau Canal system...

and most of all the good vibes from a relatively kooshy existence. I'm healthy, happy, and moving forward.

WHITEHORSE is a great place to be because everyone is so laid back, there is so much adventure to partake in, lots of mountains, close to alaska, AMAZING people, and it is acceptable to show up to work dirty because you live in a cabin with no power or running water!

LOTS of culture and a great place to pay off student loans.

unfortunately people rarely come to visit.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention the Dawson City Music Festival!

YUKON hoooo!!!!

I like living in the Danforth/Broadview part of Toronto. Riverdale is a great and healthy community and Danforth Avenue ( Greek Town ) can't be beat for independent shops, restaurants and pubs. I've never lived in a better place since moving to Toronto from Kingston 13 years ago.