Jambands.ca

Top 5 Musical Movies

CyberHippie

It's not a movie, but the "Once More, With Feeling" episode of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" still blows me away, and I've seen it several times.

IMnsHO, it's one of the most outstanding hours of television, ever. The music both works on its own ("Let Me Rest In Peace" could have appeared on a Meat Loaf album), and fits the overall plot arc; some of the songs (e.g., "I'll Never Tell") wouldn't seem out of place in a broadway musical (or a movie made out of one). That the actors did their own singing, and that the singing sometime seems a little amateurish, only adds to the verisimilitude.

Aloha,

Brad

Wow, I simply cannot believe that no one mentioned:

Tommy

Quadrophenia

The Wall

Baraka

Koyaanisquatsi

Hey, wait a second Bouche: Weren't you away at some hippie festival all weekend? Doesn't that make you a hippie? I think it does. Anyone care to vote? [smile]

Hey, Brad ... how about those musical episodes of Xena?

Meatloaf? Not quite. Cool, but it didn't sould like it was written by Jim Steinman [Razz]

(A few weeks ago I bought a used copy of a Jim Steinman CD. Yup, you can sing "Bat Out Of Hell" right over it--it scans, just like "Oops, I Did It Again," scans with "Hit Me Baby One More Time.")

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

That episode of Buffy was halarious...

Hah, Jeff had that in the car and we listened to it CRANKED on the way back to Frontier Town from Owen Sound on Sunday - the best song is the one near the begining where they are trying to figure out why everybody is singing - too funny!

Got to put "Hard Core Logo" and the recent "A Mighty Wind" on the list as well - both excellent!

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

Hey, wait a second Bouche: Weren't you away at some hippie festival all weekend? Doesn't that make you a hippie? I think it does. Anyone care to vote?
[smile]

Hmmmmm, well let's see:

• Dead fan
  • pot smoker
  • ugly beard

Yup, it's pretty clear - Booche is one big-ass tree-huggin' hippie. [Eek!]

- M.

Archived