Jambands.ca

The Sisters in Ottawa

can-o-phish

So I see it's finally official. Man oh man are the folks in O-town up for some great music. Bouche had told me The Sisters are making the trip to Maverick's thanks to Todd.

Ummm, some tunes that you can really shake it to would be Parkdale Symphony, Brohemia, Belladonna Lily, Two Miles, Tumbleweed Tea, Big Al....I could go on and on. No matter what they pull out, you're in for some tasty tunes. Hope I can make the trip and take a dip in Bouche and Ms. Hux's hot tub!

Aaahhhh, this is really starting to make me laugh. "Sneaky BT's" while getting "prepped" for the Dead at the first "Highgate" in Vermont....

I'll have to cut you some slack that you're sipping from cans, and IMHO, brew is still better from the bottle, just quicker to chill in the can...

This is getting me in gear for tonight...gotta slow down as it's only Monday and I've gotta make it through to Friday....

Mmmmmmm......Grolsch.....Yummy.....

Thanks for the laughs Howler!!!

gotta love phun on mondays! I get to go see a new born horse...um foul/fole/baby horse, tonight! The owner of which says that whilst the mama horse was givenr had to run into her house to quikly nurse her own new born, then run back to stop mama horse from squishing baby horse!!....this story just put this gal on my hero list!

Have phun tonight Dave! Glad to figure out who you are on here for sure! ...any friend of Everett...

Not that I know of but he is a huge fan of Levon, like we all are. I have a recording of Folk Alarm where he tells the story behind the song "Mr. Levon Helm"....had a dream of Levon and Audrey Hepburn getting married in a pawn shop....

Man, I think I gotta take a break from the Sisters/FA....starting to scare myself....

• 2 weeks later...

The song "40 Days, 39 Nights" off of the album Maybelle (also featured on Kev's Cuts Vol. #14) is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Hey Can'O, have you ever heard him perform that one?

On another note, I just noticed something huge.....

-Kevin Breit -

Slide guitar and open tunings workshop

New Fretboard Frontiers

Saturday June 11, 2-4pm

Ottawa Folklore Centre

Kevin Breit is one of the most creative, innovative, and talented guitarists playing today. Not content with standard slide technique, Kevin has fostered a unique style and pushed the boundaries of the possibilities of slide guitar. This workshop will explore new ways of thinking about bottleneck playing and introduce a fresh perspective on visualizing the guitar neck. An introduction to a new fretboard frontier, Kevin will focus on elements such as artificial harmonics, fretting behind the slide, and getting the most out of open tunings.

A mainstay on the Canadian music scene and a very busy session player throughout North America, Kevin Breit has performed and recorded with an impressive array of musicians in a myriad of styles, including Norah Jones, Bill Frisell, Harry Manx, Anne Murray, The Guess Who, Carlos del Junca, Cassandra Wilson, Holly Cole, Natalie Macmaster, Gowan, Celine Dion, Cyro Baptista, Sass Jordan, K.D. Lang, Barra MacNeils, Andy Stochansky, and the list goes on and on...

$20 Members, $25 Non-Members

link

The Folklore Centre has hosted some great workshops, from Herb Ellis to Lenny Breau, and I suspect down the road this workshop will be added to the hall of greats.

This should be standard for all guitar players.

I think they cap attendance at 25 or something, maybe 20, I dunno.

there was a Lenny Breau work shop? I can't believe I missed that!

Anyway, I went down there today actually worried that all the guitar players in a 400 Km radius had heard of this and I wouldn't get in.

Anyway, the guy working insisted that the workshop hadn't been announced yet and I would have to wait to sign up. I told him about the link that KevO posted and assured him that it must have been announced. He said that the promotions guys get a little over zealous and let things out before they're ready.

He finally checked into my claim about the listing online and eventually signed me up. I am officially #1 of 25 (or 20) ;)

I also bought a new glass slide for 14.99. sweeheeet