Jambands.ca

job interview vibes

thatpatguy

thanks for the vibes all.. the interview actually got moved at the last minute from today at lunch to last night right after work.

I'd say it went pretty well, but it was like your standard first interview, I don't think it went poorly, but they were interviewing other people today and had interviewed others earlier in the week.

Hopefully I hear back one way or another next week.

The job is to act as a technical lead at a design company that pretty much does exclusive design and marketing work for building developers. It would be kinda cool cuz I'd be the man when it came to developing the multimedia aspect of it (websites, kiosks, CD-Roms, ID-Roms).

And.. it's in the heart of New Edinburgh, which means lots of lunchs at The Works and the pub.

Good to hear it went not poorly. I was going to suggest trying to do the interview with a small-combo musical backing group, you know, maybe keys/bass/drums, with you acting as a kind of lounge-singer/interviewee, answering questions by breaking out into song, maybe doing a little soft-shoe, etc. I doubt it would have gotten you the job (but if it had, it could be the coolest job, ever), but you'd have gone down in HR folklore fore sure...

Aloha,

Brad

Good to hear it went not poorly. I was going to suggest trying to do the interview with a small-combo musical backing group, you know, maybe keys/bass/drums, with you acting as a kind of lounge-singer/interviewee, answering questions by breaking out into song, maybe doing a little soft-shoe, etc. I doubt it would have gotten you the job (but if it had, it could be the coolest job, ever), but you'd have gone down in HR folklore fore sure...

Aloha,

Brad

[color:green]Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my interview.. yeah..

weeeeellll.. hire meeee because I am the greateeeeeeeeeeeesssssst.. yeah..

it's great to be here tonight, and you sir, what were you thinking when you put on that suit? I'm just playing with you, try the veal.. yeah! hey!

I've got I've got I've got I've got...

wait for it...

eeeeexxxxxpeeeeeerrieeeeeeennnnnnnncccceee HEY!

I just flew in from the west end and boy are my arms tired.. ZING!!

schooodly boo dap dap.. yeah!

awesome :)

I ran into a friend of Hux's one afternoon a few months ago at the beer store, I asked him, "Hey what're you doing? Going home, having a few pops?"

"Naw I've got a job interview this afternoon so I want to have a couple of beers beforehand so they have a reaslistic idea of what kind of a guy I am"

Ran into him again a few weeks ago, asked him if he'd gotten the job, he replied that yeah it was no problem.

I don't really have a point here, but hey it's friday and my mind naturally leans toward boose (nice weather we're having).