Jambands.ca

Phil Lesh & Friends (incl Ryan Adams!)

MarcO

holy fack!

www.jambands.com

On July 15, Phil Lesh will debut a new version of his rotating Phil Lesh and Friends consisting of Ryan Adams, Jeff Sipe, Jimmy Herring, Rob Barraco and Barry Sless. Adams, a longtime Deadhead, first collaborated with Lesh at this year’s Jammy Awards, where the duo performed “Wharf Rat” and “Bird Song.” Barraco will also return to the Friends-fold for the first time since 2003, joining veteran members Herring and Sless. John Molo will step down from the drum riser for the first time since the late-1990s, handing over his sticks to Jeff Sipe. Phil and Friends will perform on July 15 at the Fillmore in Denver, Co and July 16 at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO.

Ryan Adams' new CD "Cold Roses" are freaking excellent, btw. This should be interesting.

Phil Lesh is my hero.

This will be a great double-bill, as long as Ryan stays off the sauce. At some gigs Ryan sometimes resembles The Replacements at the time when they infamously drunkenly imploded.

That new Ryan Adams & The Catholics CD is 2005's essential summer disc. I urge everyone to get it.

Edited by Guest

I have no opinion about Ryan Adams since I havent listened to more than 4 minutes of his music, but Jaimoe told me last week how much he thinks I am going to love the stuff.

I am now intrigued.

You may not like his last record, Rock & Roll, which is essentially a watered-down take on The Replacements, but his early band Whiskeytown was a highly regarded alt-country band ala Wilco. In fact, when you hear people list essential alt-country bands, Whiskeytown, Son Volt, Wilco and to a lesser extent Golden Smog, are usually mentioned. Those bands defined the genre. Oh yeah, I forgot to add The Jayhawks.

Booche, Ryan Adams loves The Dead and Jerry. You will hear it immediately on the new Cold Roses CD.

Edited by Guest

Do you think they'll play Summer of 69?

Let's hope so! Here's them practicing "Cuts Like a Knife"

leshadams.jpg

bwahahahaha!!!

man the photoshop skills are very impressive buddy,, and on that note, im looking for a version(free) of photoshop, anyone help me out?