Jambands.ca

Tom Cruise gossip

boogieknight

I don't know why I am posting this... other than it's funny as hell if true.

Subject: FW: MR AND MRS CRUISE

>

>Some celebrity gossip....

>

>A friend of mine just got back from LA and heard this scoop about Tom

>& Katie from someone who works at Universal. The source said that they

>(Tom & Katie) have a 5-year contract and he's paying her $8 million.

>The engagement happened so fast because Rob Thomas' (Matchbox 20)

>wife caught Rob and and Tom in bed together and they rushed the

>engagement

>so that it would overshadow that scandal. Obv., take it with a grain

>of salt.

>Read below. This was just published.

>

>

>Independent Sources Confirms Existence of Tom Cruise/Rob

>Thomas Rumor.

>

>Independent Sources announced today that it has

>uncovered a new, previously undiscovered Tom Cruise rumor:

>

>Tom Cruise and Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas are lovers!

>Independent Sources has hesitated writing about Tom Cruise/Katie

>Holmes for many reasons. First, there are other Hthings going on in the

>world

>that, believe it or not, rank higher on the importance scale. Second,

>pretty much everything that can be said is being said.

>

>However, someone (I'll call her Mistress of the Hollywood Rumor) just

>walked into Insider's office with the following dish that I feel

>compelled to pass on. I did a quick check of Technorati and it wasn't

>there. So even if it is not true, it is at least original.

>

>No doubt that anyone with an Internet connection has read about Tom

>Cruise being gay. According to rumor lore, he has had a long-time

>boyfriend in Chicago who is an Asian pilot for American Airlines.

>This is an accusation that Cruise and more importantly Cruise's many

>attorneys vehemently deny.

>

>There have been many stories that supposedly corroborate his

>Sexuality but never a smoking gun. Rumor mongers attribute this to the

>fact

>that Cruise goes to great lengths to cover his tracks. We are told

that

>everyone around him signs extensive confidentiality contracts with

>enormous penalties for indiscretion. (Exhibit A: the 8-page

>confidentiality contract Cruise's housekeeper was forced to sign).

>

>Such stories have been around for years and Cruise has evidently

>attempted to counter them with a series of high-profile

>heteronormative relationships. First, Nicole Kidman, then Penelope

Cruz,

>and most

>recently Katie Holmes. In each instance, the "relationship" is

>actually a contract that gives the women a boost to their careers, a

lot

>of

>money, and an elegant lifestyle.

>

>Here is where this particular rumor gets interesting. Not long ago,

>Marisol, the wife of Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas (who has had to

>contend with his own rumors of bi-sexuality) found her husband in bed

>with Tom Cruise causing Cruise's people to shift into high gear.

>

>First, Mrs. Rob Thomas was bought off for an undetermined sum.

>Second, Cruise and his handlers set out to immediately find Cruise a

>girlfriend. Second-tier actresses were targeted. A list was drawn up

>with Jessica Alba (#1 pick) and three other girls who fell out for

>various reasons. Originally targeted (#3 I think) but later rejected

>as "undesirable" was rumor queen Lindsay Lohan. Way down at #5 on the

>List was Katie Holmes, but that was the one with whom they were able

to

>strike a deal.

>

>Once the contact was signed, photo ops were set up, leaks were made

>to the right places, and we've had celebrity relationship on steroids

>ever since.

> > >

>One thing I will credit this rumor for is how it nicely explains

>Tom's behavior this past few months-including the couch jumping

episode

>on

>Oprah. Cruise simply didn't have time for the Holmes rumors to

>circulate at its normal speed and he couldn't allow it to be second

>page news while the tabloids focused on Brad, Jennifer and Angelina.

>No, this relationship had to immediately become the "it" topic.

>

>Well, that's how we hear it.

>[A reminder to those of you reading this who have trouble

>differentiating truth from unsubstantiated rumor: at this point this

>is all conjecture. All we are doing is confirming the existence of a

>rumor that the Mistress tells us is all over Hollywood.]

>We should also add that this story is a bit of a departure for us.

>If you are interested in keeping up to date on it and

>other celebrity gossip, we suggest Defamer.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely KM -- I mean what 'leap' has gay rights made when a high-profile actor will go to such lengths to camoflage his homosexuality? The world is still a very homophobic place!

Still and all, you gotta "love" this kind of journalism:

at this point this is all conjecture. All we are doing is confirming the existence of a rumor that the Mistress tells us is all over Hollywood.

How sad if Tom Cruise thinks that the worst thing that could happen to him would be being gay.

Okay, bad analogy time!

When I'm riding my bike really fast down a hill, I always think the worst thing that could happen would be for the front tire to come off. Of course, the tire coming off wouldn't be the problem really, it would be the fact that if that happens it'll cause me to fall and break.

It could be that Tom isn't worried about being gay, but rather that he (and his manager and maid and publicist and personal assistant and anybody else who makes a career from his career) thinks if the public discovered or suspected he was gay, it would seriously affect his way of making a living (goodbye to the whole Asian market and the entire southern US at least).

Not saying that would make him any more or less of a loser, just saying.

I hear ya Velvet, and I wholeheartedly agree that exposing Tom's (alleged) preferences would mean the wheels falling off of his career.

The whole situation is just frustrating. I find it hard to believe that someone would go to such lengths to cover up a significant part of who they are. Sad really.

If I like an actor/performer/musician and respect their work, I could hardly care who or what they have poking in or out of them. It's none of my business.

However, Rob Thomas? Come on Tom, you could do better. :P

I was hiking in Korea and met this Korean guy, and we talked for a long time because he was very passionate about his love for western rock music (which I found rare there). At one point he told me that his favouritefavouritefavourite band ever was Queen, but that he could never listen to them. Why not? He looked at me with astonishment and explained that as soon as he found out Freddie Mercury was gay he burned all his Queen records and would never hear their music again. Someone nearby intoned with "We no have gay peoples in Korea" and my buddy looked at me and asked me if I could still bring myself to listen to Queen knowing what I knew.

It's a weird world.

That said, a friend of mine threw away all his James Brown records after JB got charged with assaulting his wife, and I didn't find that too weird.

That said, a friend of mine threw away all his James Brown records after JB got charged with assaulting his wife, and I didn't find that too weird.

Okay, this is something I've felt awkward about myself. I really dig old James...especially when Maceo's all fired up. However, the spousal smackdown is not something I would ever want to condone in any way. I have a hard time listening to James with a clear conscious. :(

The difference between this example and Cruise's rumoured homosexuality is that Cruise wouldn't be hurting anyone. If he was assaulting his partner (man or woman), then there's a problem. Odd how society can seemingly forgive someone for beating their wife, but not for loving another man.

So where do you draw the line? Where does Jacko fit in?

Just for shits and giggles...

jbrownmug1.jpg

How sad if Tom Cruise thinks that the worst thing that could happen to him would be being gay.

Okay' date=' bad analogy time!

When I'm riding my bike really fast down a hill, I always think the worst thing that could happen would be for the front tire to come off. Of course, the tire coming off wouldn't be the problem really, it would be the fact that if that happens it'll cause me to fall and break.

It could be that Tom isn't worried about being gay, but rather that he (and his manager and maid and publicist and personal assistant and anybody else who makes a career from his career) thinks if the public discovered or suspected he was gay, it would seriously affect his way of making a living (goodbye to the whole Asian market and the entire southern US at least).

Not saying that would make him any more or less of a loser, just saying.[/quote']

Just a quick correction - the "whole Asian market" shouldn't be painted with the same brush here I dont think. Many asian areas are fine with gay people. Mind you they have a different concept of it etc. ie. the "ladyboy", its sort of like you have man, woman, and the other categories for what we would call gay... but anyways, Korea may be different...

That said' date=' a friend of mine threw away all his James Brown records after JB got charged with assaulting his wife, and I didn't find that too weird.[/quote']

Okay, this is something I've felt awkward about myself. I really dig old James...especially when Maceo's all fired up. However, the spousal smackdown is not something I would ever want to condone in any way. I have a hard time listening to James with a clear conscious. :(

The difference between this example and Cruise's rumoured homosexuality is that Cruise wouldn't be hurting anyone. If he was assaulting his partner (man or woman), then there's a problem. Odd how society can seemingly forgive someone for beating their wife, but not for loving another man.

Not hurting anyone? What about Cruise's obvious assualt on the American family?

Not hurting anyone? What about Cruise's obvious assualt on the American family?

By this do you mean his sham of a marriage or his right to love who he wishes? Please clarify. :)

point set match.

Wait a minute though - aren't shame marriage's encouraged? Isn't that what gay people have done for generations to maintain the American family?

Wait a minute though - aren't shame marriage's encouraged?

While fabricated marriages are sadly many people's fate (regardless of sexual orientation), I'm not aware of them being encouraged.

Isn't that what gay people have done for generations to maintain the American family?

I think many gay people have married throughout history as more of a means of self preservation/protection or to avoid persecution. However, I see what you're getting at. The religious right should be more up in arms about people marrying for reasons of convenience, etc. than for the love that dare not speak its name. :P

All Tom Cruise needs is a good psychiatrist.

[color:purple]YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF PSYCHIATRY. I DO!!!.

Oh Jaimoe...now I'm really hoping you saw that Good Morning America clip (or wherever it was he freaked out about the use of anti-depressants).

On another note I've heard it's fairly well known in certain circles that James Brown is gay.

I think it's a fact that Cruise is at very least bisexual. Kevin Spacey and Keannu Reeves are also of the same persuasion. Middle America would never accept them as matinee idols if they came out so they are forced to stay in the closet. I know for certain about Spacey (no surprise) and Reeves from people who have worked on films with them and based on who they hit on let's say.

For anyone who's got beef with JB smacking down his woman... how come Sean Connery is still so popular amongst the ladies? He likes to put a woman in her place every once in a while too I've heard (for those afflicted with an inability to read sarcasm I do not condone violence against anybody except in good fun, like zombie attacks).

PS. Keanu is bi because he's not smart enough to make up his mind :P

As Yoda would say... "Gay or Gay-Not, there is no Bi"

------------------------------------------------------------------

MALE bisexuality does not exist, psychologists in the US have claimed.

A new study concludes that the large majority of men purporting to be bisexual are actually gay, while the rest are more likely to be heterosexual.

Senior author Michael Bailey, from Northwestern University in Chicago, said: "Bisexual male behaviour certainly exists, but the study suggests that a bisexual orientation, an actual sexual preference for both men and women, does not exist in men. If such men exist, they are certainly very rare and we didn't find them."

Researchers recruited 101 young adult men, 33 identifying themselves as bisexual, 30 straight and 38 homosexual.

Advertisement:

They were questioned at length about their sexuality before being seated alone in a laboratory to watch erotic films while their arousal levels were monitored by a sensor.

Gay men were aroused by images of men, while heterosexual men were aroused by women. But psychologists said those claiming to be bisexual were only aroused by one or the other - 75per cent by men and the rest by women.

Dr Bailey said some men claim to be bisexual as it is easier than admitting to being gay, while others might consider it some kind of achievement and be proud to swing both ways.

Researchers recruited 101 young adult men

[color:purple]Wow ... 101? Sounds pretty thorough and exhaustive!

:P

[edit:] My mistake. 33, not 101. Given that even the proposed 1 in 10 ratio for homosexuals to heterosexuals is in perpetual dispute, fishing for evidence of bisexuality based on a best-case 1 in 30 for (plugging my nose while I say the next word) "properly" bisexual males seems overly optimistic at best.

(to say nothing of the methods themselves which, beyond the numbers employed in their service, indicate a potential [i won't be so arrogant here as to suggest a certain] misunderstanding of the nature of sexuality itself - ie. fixed, rather than fluid. stable, rather than volatile. measurable, rather than evasive. Is it possible they are hunting something without even knowing what it looks like?)

Edited by Guest
initially numerically over-generous

• 2 weeks later...

So Tom was interviewed in Der Spiegel, a German News outlet: Read it Here

I enjoyed reading the article (thanks Brad for the tomcruiseisnuts.com link)) especially hearing about all the ways Tom can help others:

[in reference to the scientology tent on-set during War of the Worlds]

"Cruise:The volunteer Scientology ministers were there to help the sick and injured. People on the set appreciated that. I have absolutely nothing against talking about my beliefs. But I do so much more. We live in a world where people are on drugs forever. Where even children get drugged. Where crimes against humanity are so extreme that most people turn away in horror and dismay. Those are the things that I care about. I don't care what someone believes. I don't care what nationality they are. But if someone wants to get off drugs, I can help them. If someone wants to learn how to read, I can help them. If someone doesn't want to be a criminal anymore, I can give them tools that can better their life. You have no idea how many people want to know what Scientology is."

[how Scientology helps drug addicts]

SPIEGEL: Do you see it as your job to recruit new followers for Scientology?

Cruise: I'm a helper. For instance, I myself have helped hundreds of people get off drugs. In Scientology, we have the only successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. It's called Narconon.

SPIEGEL: That's not correct. Yours is never mentioned among the recognized detox programs. Independent experts warn against it because it is rooted in pseudo science.

Cruise: You don't understand what I am saying. It's a statistically proven fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. Period.