Jambands.ca

New JGB, Legion of Mary releases

hamilton

From www.jerrygarciastore.com :

J. Garcia Records is delighted to announce the upcoming release of two long-sought Jerry Garcia live recordings with Rhino Entertainment, both available now for pre-order from the Jerry Garcia Store.

JERRY GARCIA BAND: LIVE AT SHORELINE and THE JERRY GARCIA COLLECTION, VOL. 1: LEGION OF MARY are now available for pre-order at the Jerry Garcia Store and will be released on August 9 and August 23, respectively.

JERRY GARCIA BAND: LIVE AT SHORELINE is the first-ever DVD release of a Jerry Garcia Band show, filmed on September 1, 1990, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California. A Grateful Dead show was originally scheduled for that date, but the Dead's brilliant, passionate keyboard player, Brent Mydland, died in late July. Rather than cancel the gig, the Jerry Garcia Band stepped in to deliver one of their most heartfelt performances.

Tracklist:

First Set

1. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You

2. Stop That Train

3. Dear Prudence

4. I Shall Be Released

5. Run For The Roses

6. My Sisters And Brothers

7. Deal

Second Set

8. I Second That Emotion

9. Think

10. And It Stoned Me

11. Waiting For a Miracle

12. Don't Let Go

13. That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)

14. Tangled Up In Blue

THE JERRY GARCIA COLLECTION, VOL. 1: LEGION OF MARY is the first-ever live release of recordings by the legendary Legion of Mary, the vibrant, loose, and jazzy quintet Jerry formed at the end of 1974 with Merl Saunders, Martin Fierro, John Kahn, and Ron Tutt. LEGION OF MARY features fourteen tracks on two CDs taken from seven shows in San Francisco, Berkeley, and Portland. All selections are previously unreleased soundboard recordings, newly mastered with HDCD sound.

Tracklist:

Disc 1

1. Tough Mama

2. That’s a Touch I Like

3. I Second That Emotion

4. Since I Lost My Baby

5. Tore Up Over You

6. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

7. Talkin’ 'Bout You

Disc 2

1. I'll Take a Melody

2. Let It Rock