Jambands.ca

Wanted: slow cooker recipies

Hux

the internet is great for slow cooker recipes. Chapters will likely have a book for under $10 as well.

The only thing I've cooked in the slow cooker are things that originally started on the stove but thought would be delicious slow-cooked like a thai curry or Chicken Masala.

There's too many indian and thai ingredients for me to remember off hand, and without our spice wall in front of me.

you MUST get "CatPhish's Farty Chili" recipe!! yum yum yum!!!

Ribs are absolutely the ultimate crockpot experience. You don't really need a recipe. Just chop off the fat, cut 'em up (2 bones per piece on average), toss 'em in, cover them with sauce and what ever the hell else you want. Turn the heat on (low for about 10 hours, high for about 6-7 hours). Warning -- they will fall off the bone when you try to dig them out! mm-mmm!!!

I just made Rigatoni Romano in mine yesterday, and it came out really well...

4-6 Seasoned Chicken breasts (I used salt/pepper/garlic salt/onion powder, then I diced them up)

1 Large jar Spaghetti Sauce

6-10 Oz Ricotta Cheese

4-8 Tbs Parmesan/Romano Cheese

~1 Lb cooked pasta

Dice the seasoned chicken up into bite sized pieces (or dice THEN season you decide. Or unseasoned, but it'd be a bit more bland, I think)

Add the Spaghetti sauce and stir

Slow-Cook for 6-8 hours (AT LEAST until chicken is done through, no salmonella here :) )

Add Ricotta cheese (as much or as little as you like) and stir

Ad Parm/romano cheese and stir (this adds flavor AND thickens the sauce, add as much or as little as you like)

Cook ~ 1 more hour

Add cooked pasta, toss and serve

I sprinkled it with shredded mozarella for a little x-tra flair.

Like I said, I just threw this together yesterday, and it was well-liked by everyone (Including my 18 month old niece)

Lemme know if you like it (if you try it, that is)...

Steve

Edited by Guest