Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donovan is a very similar player to Shaefer. I think he'll fit in fine.

If you say that a player 25 lbs. heavier, crashes the net as opposed to playing the boards, and actually comes back over his own blue line are the same player... then we'll have some fundamental differences in how we view 'similar'.

It's an interesting shake up... over achieveing third liner for under achieving 2nd liner... hopefully he'll fit in nice.

In Murray I trust. Lets just say it's nice to be able to trade one player with Cup experience, for another with more Cup experience. Albeit two games.

Bottom line... the team got bigger and a little less confusing in terms of "Why can't our good players just play to their potential" vs. "He's not very good, but damn, he's trying hard"... if Doan stays a plus player, that'll be good enough... especially since Schaefer was a downer in the playoffs.

Remind me of the habs players with Cup experience again?

Remind me of the habs players with Cup experience again?

Take that argument to Hockey Boards to rile up all those 16 year olds.

Bottom Line:

Salary dump

You can keep selling whatever to whomever but I wont be buying. You should work here in my office with the other idiots that are raving about this trade like it is the cat's ass.

But what did Will get wrong re: evaluation of the players involved?

I admit it. Weaksauce on my part.

Ok' date=' ok, so I'll admit I just paraphrased what Dave-O said a couple posts before mine:

Schaefer was inconsistently brilliant along the boards, but he's a floater and not worth second line type money. Donovan should be a decent fit on the third ine in Ottawa.

I've got to stop reading Eklund. His rumours are crack to me even though most of the time they have been pure crap. Oh well. A rumour is simply a rumour.

Sens trying to get a beat on the Habs for Marleau?

On source told me an interesting scenaio..."The Canadiens are stuck until the early August when the results of Ryder's arbitration comes in...and that is why the sudden rush to perhaps get a trade done by Ottawa now. I have heard the Canadiens are hoping to settle with Ryder like they did last year, to try and get into this game."

If that is the case the Habs may have to get moving really quickly, because the trade could be consumated today with the Sens.

Stupid delicious crack.

UPDATE 12:48PM: Redden Not Leaving Ottawa

According to my sources the trade involving the Sharks and Sens is OFF for the time being. "It looks to NOT be happening due to a road block. Not 100% dead yet, but not looking likely at this point. The major roadblock that they were waiting on looks to have held it up. " This could open the door for Montreal as was written above...or "another eastern team with a high priced and talented D-man."

The Ottawa Senators signed goaltender Ray Emery to a three year, $9.5-million deal this morning.

Emery, who led the Senators to their first ever trip to the Stanley Cup finals last season, had a 9 a.m. salary arbitration hearing scheduled. However, the two sides were able to come to an aggreement that will pay the netminder nearly $3.2 milliion a season.

There are rumblings in my stomach and in Ottawa that Sens GM Bryan Murray is close to trading captain Daniel Alfredsson away to the New York Islanders for Bill Guerin. "We like Billy and he is our captain, but if we can get Alfie in the fold then he will be the new captain. We have to what is best for our hockey team, the New York Rangers. I mean Islanders" Isles GM Garth Snow said. Murray was quoted as saying "Guerinthfff ithfff a goodtth veteranffthhhh hockeyfffthhhh player ffftthhh I onceffftthh hadffftthh an oldtthh friendffthhh for dinnerfftth withfffthhh a canfftthhh offffthh favafffthh beansfttthh and a nicefftthhh kiantifftth FFFFTTHHHH." P2