Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled across that blog earlier in the season.. its a good read.

though i havent seen a pic of his girlfriend. AD you gotta post that shite.

i dont get why people are happy spezza may be out.

the sens need him to play at his best to win the series. the team will not improve without him.

In the dictionary, under the definition of give-away, they have a picture of Spezza

yeah he gives the puck away but he is also a point a game player in the playoffs.

oh right, you think Gratts is gonna come out of the press box and pick up that slack? ;) :laugh:

Edited by Guest

Seriously..the way this team is playing, Spezza has a big goose-egg on the board right now, that ain't a point a game player.

Mike Commodore is leading Sens right now with 2 points in 2 games.

Bottom line is...Someone has got to step up and take take charge.

Is anyone on the Sens even wearing the C right now?

Alfie will take the pre-game skate and might play, praise Jebus

Jason Spezza is ready to roll, but the biggest surprise is captain Daniel Alfredsson will likely return tonight as well.

Senators GM/coach Bryan Murray hinted today that Alfredsson could be in the lineup tonight for Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins after confirming that the injured forward had also skated on Sunday.

Alfredsson skated by himself at 6 p.m. and met with Murray this morning to discuss the situation. The two will meet again later today and Alfredsson will take the pre-game warmup for tonight's game at Scotiabank Place (7 p.m., CBC).

It's believed Alfredsson is nursing a torn MCL that was supposed to keep him out of the lineup for up to four weeks. If Alfredsson plays, he won't be 100%, but he could provide inspiration and that's what the club needs because if they don't win tonight they will be on the brink of elimination.

"We'll have to see how it feels in the warmup. He's going to be a game-time decision," said Ottawa defenceman Wade Redden. "That would be a big boost for this club."

Murray said if Alfredsson wants to return it's up to him. He suffered the injury against the Toronto Maple Leafs in the second-last game of the season after a hit from Mark Bell.

"I'm not going to close the door on it," said Murray when asked about the possibility of Alfredsson playing tonight in Game 3. "He's the boss. He'll tell me if he's able to play."

As for Spezza, he took part in the club's optional skate and will play.

"He told me he's ready to go," said Murray.

Didn't see Cherry (haven't watched Coach's Corner in a decade) but WTF was up with that opening skit???? Dude in his underwear screaming at the crowd? Ill conceived, awkward and poorly executed.

Anyway, this series was over when Jordan Staal scored.