Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, you guys all need to go to work. I can't keep up with this thread.

Whitey, I honestly can't figure out what you're getting at here.

Voice your opinions. But don’t voice them now, it’s too early. Could you please advise us as to the appropriate point in the season (10 games? 15 games? Xmas?) to make realistic comments about a team's performance? Until then, I guess all I can leave you with is...

Go Sens go.

Leafs suck.

Guest Low Roller

[color:purple]Why can't we all just get along?

Funny contrast:

The Sens had the greatest team ever, but could barely draw enough fans to pay their players.

The Leafs can sell-out every game, and the management knows this therefore they won't bother putting together a decent team.

The Sens had the greatest team ever, but could barely draw enough fans to pay their players.

??

They weren't making money (see highway overpass), but they certainly drew well.

2000-2001 17,793 avg attendance, 96.2% capacity

2001-2002 16,919, 91.5%

2002-2003 17,198, 93.0%

2003-2004 17,758, 96.0%

Ha!

I'm a committed fan... but this seasons been a cold shower so far! It'd be nice if they could hit the net a little more, there's something wrong with the chemestry of the club for sure... I predict some serious infighting in the clubhouse if this continues!

As far as talking about hockey, howcome everyone only talks about the fans, the rivalries, and the possesions of players? We never talk about the game on the level of "getting beat to the puck", and "Spezza secretly playing for every other team in the League"... so much. It's like Jerry Springer around here! And just how Dynamic Chara was, if only from his glaring absence on the blueline!

The Sens had the greatest team ever' date=' but could barely draw enough fans to pay their players.

[/quote']

??

They weren't making money (see highway overpass), but they certainly drew well.

2000-2001 17,793 avg attendance, 96.2% capacity

2001-2002 16,919, 91.5%

2002-2003 17,198, 93.0%

2003-2004 17,758, 96.0%

Thank you Dave...plus what team are you reffering too roller...there is a salary cap eh, we are currently sitting at 42.5 mill.

Guest Low Roller

Do you Sens fans have selective memories or something?? Do none of you remember the owner (Melkin, Malkin, something like that) basically giving fans an ultimatum to buy season tickets or else he's moving the team?

Do you not remember the organization not being able to pay their players because they were nearly bankrupt?

This was a team that was first in the overall in the league.

You talking Mlakar? did that ultimatum ever come true? did we not make it through that troubling time? did Eugene not come in and save the day?

DO THE SENATORS NOT RULE THE WORLD?

Will the cup be paraded down Bank St next spring?

The past is history, or beloved Sens will return the cup to Ottawa, and maybe toss it back in the canal along with the bag of bones. (or was that the Grey Cup?)

Needless...

Spezza skated yesterday with Mike Fisher and Chris Neil, while Heatley was beside Chris Kelly and Antoine Vermette. Patrick Eaves, Dean McAmmond and Alfredsson formed another trio. With Peter Schaefer (hip) out, it appears Denis Hamel, Alexei Kaigorodov and Brian McGrattan will make up the fourth line.

I can't wait to see these lines in action.

The 2nd half of the 2nd period was good...That was about it...Eaves dropping the gloves...Hilarious...

Two great quotes from tsn.ca re: the game

Vermette scored on another power play at 3:21 of the second period. Fisher sent a cross-ice pass that Vermette, being ineffectively checked by Bryan McCabe, reached for to redirect in. Tucker was off for roughing. He'd pushed Joe Corvo into the end boards from behind.

and

Heatley made it 5-0 four minutes later. Prancing around the front of the crease, he was treated by would-be Leafs checkers as if he had a contagious disease. Jason Spezza popped the puck out front from the side, and Heatley backhanded it past the beleaguered Raycroft.

It feels so good to beat the leafs.