Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade Redden got a nice goal on that power play, but he looked outplayed for most of the game.

no shit. that was the wade redden we saw for most of the regular season. Afraid to go into corners, dishing off the puck dangerously when somebody's about to play the body on him, etc.

Suck it up Wade. you can heal in the summer.

The telling stats for me were the lack of shots on goal (as Kev said) and:

Redden -3

Volchenkov 10 blocked shots

Rob Niedermayer 6 shots on net (playing on the checking line against Spezza-Heatley-Alfie every shift)

There was a funny graphic CBC aired at the start of the game - players from both teams with Finals experience. The only 2 on Ottawa? Saprykin (not dressed) and Gerber (on the bench). Were the inexperienced Sens nervous last night?

I say yes. Chris Neil has been completely ineffective, sit him for a game.

Anyone else think that Spezza might have an injured hand or something? He is refusing to shoot the puck right now, even worse than usual!

I say yes. Chris Neil has been completely ineffective, sit him for a game.

I thought that Murray was really smart keeping Neil on a short leash during the Buffalo series. He wasn't really needed, and it kept him out of the penalty box.

Last night, Neil was getting easily agitated. At one point they were getting ready for a face-off near the Ducks' bench and he was reacting to guys chirping at him. He shouldn't get distracted right before/as the puck drops. If they get to him, he'll be the first one to take a dumb penalty. There's more than enough Ducks ready to take him on. Murray's gotta hold him back until absolutely necessary, IMHO.

no shit...Wade has been up and down all year...unfortunately not consistent at all. On a good note though...Pronger seemed invisible.

A couple of other notes...Emery made some great saves, but the Sens got VERY lucky, that puck went through the crease many times, Anaheims 2nd goal...a little weak, Giguere made the timely saves, even though he only faced 20 shots.

Neil or Schaeffer, sit both, play Gratts and Freakin! haven't seen much from either of those boys.

I think the Sens were nervous last night, out of game shape from a long layover, and completely mesmerized by the about of silicone jugs in the audience.

Game 2...Different story.

On a good note though...Pronger seemed invisible.

He played 29 minutes!!! He 'seemed' invisible, but he had to be partly responsible for holding the Sens to only 20 shots over the game.

Neil or Schaeffer, sit both, play Gratts and Freakin! haven't seen much from either of those boys.

If they sit Neil and/or Schaeffer, will Gratton or Saprykin fill in on the same physical level? The Ducks forechecking could become even more intense. You gotta keep a fighter on the ice when you're up against the team that had, by far, the most fights in the regular season, no?

I think the Sens were nervous last night, out of game shape from a long layover

I don't understand this reasoning. Where the Ducks not off for almost as long? Why would they have had an advantage in terms of "game shape"? The Sens got out there 2 days ahead of time which allowed them to "adjust" with more than enough time. I think the "nervous" factor is the main one though.

Game 2...Different story.

I agree. You'll definitely see the Sens come back hard tomorrow night. Whichever team takes the dumb penalties early will be the loser.

am i the only one who thinks that the penlaties have been really arbitrary?!?

you can get a hooking call just by lifting your stick off the ice (assuming some enterprising opposition player leans over, hooks your stick with his upper arm, looks for the ref then falls over, whether or not you're still holding the stick) but there can be an 8 man crosscheck induced pile-on in front of the net and all the refs are looking at is whether or not the puck's gone in

anyway it's going to be a great series and i hope it goes to 7 games

The Sens had 3 or 4 extra days off...They were off for nearly a week and a half...I think Anaheim was only off for 6 days...Needless, say what you will about that.

Gratts and Freakin was a joke for Andre...Not sure he's getting my emails.....Typical reg-season rubberdinghy logic.

And as for Pronger, sure I guess he played some big "D" but where was that menacing shot of his? I should have said we kept him off the scoreboard.