Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

Guest Low Roller

Great game by Anaheim. They forced the Sens to dump and chase all night.

But let's not despair... both games were won by Anaheim late in the third... when the home ice advantage switches to Ottawa it should be a different story.

I need to go to bed. It's almost 4am.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the soft chip-ins and turn overs at the offensive blueline killed the Sens again tonight.

They've been dominated two straight games but had a shot win both of them. This series is far from over if they correct the small things and Emery plays again like he did tonight.

All the soft chip-ins and turn overs at the offensive blueline killed the Sens again tonight.

I couldnt agree more. The worst (but best for Anaheim) was Alfies with a minute thirty or so to go in the game. Had that got in, Ottawa was doing some serious pounding and producing a scoring opportunity. Guaranteed.

The dump-in was chipped out of the air and out of the zone. That's a bad bounce if you are Ottawa.

Getzlaf and Perry are so much fun to watch.

Agreed, I love Perry's play. I am surprised how physical he is playing. I did not think he would be this good this fast. Also, it was great to see two other Knights on Coach's Corner last night. (Pat Kane, Sam Gagner) GO Ducks!!!

Snuggling.

What can you say. I watch the game and I love the Ducks. They are a great team to watch. I have man love for Getzlaf. Still hate Pronger but... oh well.

And it's not for lack of effort from Ottawa... but it's like Anaheim is throwing a wall up... quite content to play a simple and rough gameplan.

I said before the start of the series to my 'pa that even down 0-2 Ottawa will still have a chance to come back and win. Hopefully playing at home will give them the edge they need and it'll be Ottawa squeeking out with a couple of one goal wins, and we can start "over" again.

Still proud as hell at this team... and it's not over yet.

Midnight

Not a sound from the pavement

Has the moon lost her memory

She is smiling alone

In the lamplight

The withered leaves collect at my feet

And the wind begins to moan

Memory, all alone in the moonlight

I can dream of the old days

Life was beautiful then

I remember the time I knew what happiness was

Let the memory live again

Every street lamp seems to beat

A fatalistic warning

Someone mutters and the street lamp sputters

Soon it will be morning

Daylight

I must wait for the sunrise

I must think of a new life and

I mustn't give in

When the dawn comes

Tonight will be a memory too

And a new day will begin

Burnt out ends of smoky days

The stale court smell of morning

A street lamp dies

Another night is over

Another day is dawning

Touch me,

It is so easy to leave me

All alone with the memory

Of my days in the sun

If you'll touch me,

You'll understand what happiness is

Look, a new day has begun...

Wow! Sens drop both games in Anahiem. It's a big hole to dig themselves out of, and things can change. Just as the Ducks have won two at home, the Sens can do the same. The Sens have to figure out how to fight back against the relentless checking of the Ducks, and also have to get themselves in the right frame of mind to overcome this.

Emery and Fischer (along with Volchenkov blocking shots like a madman) are the only consistent players showing up in the first two games. Murray will be shuffling the lines like crazy now to try and figure something out. Any other lineup changes for the next game?

I can't believe that Ottawa got even FEWER shots on net last night!!!! Only 16 over 60minutes? That's not how you win a Cup, even though they've been one goal games. And it's not like they were killing penalties all night. Only 4 penalties per team? I thought that would be a lot different. Maybe that will happen on Saturday when the Ducks ramp up the physical play even more.

Winter Snowflakes

Dark clouds in the sky, so high above us,

Look up, head tilted back, on a cool

Winter’s day. Soon appears through the

Clouds, a white substance like no other, slight

at first, floats down like a feather from a

White snowbird. Before long the sky is

like a cloud of cotton candy, fluffy as a

Powder puff.

Close down on earth, cover the roof

Tops, flow on the ground, big white

Snowflakes, millions and millions of them

fall down on us, around us. Each snowflake

is unique with its own

Pattern. Still with my head tilted slightly,

I twirl slowly like a spin top, try to catch the

huge snowflake on the tip of my tongue.

Catch one, two, what happened, they

dissolve like cotton candy.

Fairy dust falls slightly

Stops within the instance.

Dusk sets in, soon it is night, the lights

come on, shine on the fresh sheet of

fairy dust covering the ground, sparkling,

glittering like rhinestones. The wind begins

to blow the snow up into the air, twists and

turns. High, the fairy dust falls

down to the earth, as is,

once more, once more, once more.

After seeing how Alfie just watched as Pahlsson streaked past him to score the game winning goal, I can hardly see how anyone could vote for him as the playoff MVP (that's going to go to Jiggy or Getzlaf if the Ducks win it all). Emery should have taken out Alfie after he did that to him. Everybody else is sprawling and diving across the ice to knock pucks off of sticks. Sacrifice your body for the play Alfie ... when are you going to learn?

I think that they need to tailor one of these outfits for Alfie ... i think that he would play better in it:

Edited by Guest

After seeing how Alfie just watched as Pahlsson streaked past him to score the game winning goal, I can hardly see how anyone could vote for him as the playoff MVP

Ah, Leafs trolls coming out of the woodwork. What took you so long?

At any rate Kev, I'm pretty sure it's the 10 goals (1st in the NHL), 4 game winning goals (1st in the NHL), 4 PPG (tied for 1st) and 18 points (tied for 3rd) that has people talking about Alfie for MVP.