Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see it as an intentional shot at Neidermayer.

The replay bears out what I thought watching it live in the arena... Alfie breaks out of his zone with a few seconds left on the clock, thinks about taking a shot but looks up and sees he has a bit more time, tries to find a better shooting lane and fires wide, accidentally hitting Prius Boy.

To recap, Alfie is going to have his leadership questioned for years to come because of what is perceived to be a stupid move. Personally, I think the following was the stupidest move last night (talking about Niedermayer):

He plays a sneaky dirty game.

i think it's gutless for neidermayer and the ducks to be such pansies for blocking a dump-in.

guy looks like a mountain goat. probably eats cans between periods. cans of sneaky dirty garbage.

LOL ... man, the comedy routine that is the Sens fan that can't admit that their player fucked up! Those were meant to be in purple, right? :D

Edited by Guest

Fischer looked awesome again. Fuck' date=' give that dude the "C" already.

[/quote']

looks like you've already given him a "C". :P It's "Fisher".

LOL ... good catch Freak. Maybe he should change the spelling of his name and he'll get the "C" for the front and back of his jersey :) Either way, Bob Cole will still refer to him as "the Ottawa Senators player" :P

Guarantee you, Fisher will show up again for Game 5. MVP for the Sens in my books.

I agree tie domi is also a cheap shot artist. And that elbow was worse but it doesn't excuse alfie from his play.

A voice of reason ... and a fan of the Leafs. Also, somebody who is willing to admit that one of 'his' players isn't the cleanest, or most gentlemanly player around. I agree too. Domi did plenty of cheap stuff, just like the agitators on a lot of teams do (like Neil, like Tucker, like Pronger, etc.) Alfie is notorious for this too. He's proven himself as such ... just not to a lot of Sens fans it seems.

BTW, why is it that Domi was even brought up? He no longer plays in the league. He is HISTORY now. Quit yer whining and deal with the present (i know that's what would be said if any Leaf fans around here were to talk about past exploits, events, players in relation to the present play).

When the Ducks hoist the Cup, you can thank Alfie for providing the "Turning Point". If the Sens were down by 3 or 4 goals and time was running out, I could almost understand a brain-fart like that happening. However, when your team has just tied it up after a brutal period and you're trying to tie up the series with one more period to go it's just plain moronic.

Now the series swings back to the Ducks' home ice, Pronger will be returning, the fans there will be craving the cup and going crazy, and Alfie will be fearing for his life on the ice (and many other Sens will be extra cautious). This is going to be really hard for the Sens to bounce back from. IF they do, it could be a real momentum swing. It's a massive hill right now though.

I still don't see it as an intentional shot at Neidermayer.

The replay bears out what I thought watching it live in the arena... Alfie breaks out of his zone with a few seconds left on the clock, thinks about taking a shot but looks up and sees he has a bit more time, tries to find a better shooting lane and fires wide, accidentally hitting Prius Boy.

What? I don't know what you were watching. The angles and replays that I saw sure don't tell that story. A number of people present at the game who I heard on the radio today sure didn't see it that way. The players on the bench sure didn't see it that way.

I've seen Alfredsson make some very good plays in terms of playing the clock and killing time (on the PK, etc.) I've seen him make the smart dump in play in that situation (flip it high OVER the defenceman). He repositioned himself after looking at the clock, then looked at Niedermyer and blasted it as hard as he could. Alfredsson in a sniper. He picks the corners when he's going for goals. He has control of the puck and doesn't do that by "accident".

Edited by Guest

alfredsson%2B%26%2Bscott%2Bafter%2Balf%2Bhits%2Bscott%2Bwith%2Bpuck%2Bon%2Bpurpose%2B64.jpg

LET THEM GO!!! Oh right, I forgot, Alfie only like to fight with his gloves on.

"I looked up at the clock and saw five or six seconds left, so I wanted to shoot the puck at the net," Alfredsson said. "I braced my stick and the puck kind of stopped sliding. Then it got caught up in my feet, so I just wanted to get rid of it. I didn't mean to hit him."
"You can probably figure out what I thought about how I acted after it happened but it doesn't do us any good to talk about it, really," Niedermayer said. "I wasn't happy, yeah, there's no need to get hit with the puck at that point. I'm not going to say any more than that."
"But usually it's a personal thing. Someone elbowed someone or did something, That's Scott Niedermayer you're doing that to. I don't think he's ever offended or run anyone or done anything in his whole life. I wasn't crazy about it. We took it as a sign of frustration on his part to get his team going and we rallied from it. I don't know if he's trying to get their team going or not. We got the win, and that's all we concern ourselves with. We'll try and finish it off Wednesday." - Sean O’Donnell - LA Times

http://tsn.ca/nhl/your_call/?id=209916&post=0&hubname=#

i think it's gutless for neidermayer and the ducks to be such pansies for blocking a dump-in.

guy looks like a mountain goat. probably eats cans between periods. cans of sneaky dirty garbage.

LOL ... man' date=' the comedy routine that is the Sens fan that can't admit that their player fucked up! Those were meant to be in purple, right? :D

[/quote']

Objection, asked and answered.

hehehe, stirring it up there guigsy. i still think volchenkov is a better blocker than neidermayer though

Why do I have to admit that anyone fucked up? Alfie says it wasn't on purpose, right now that's good enough for me. I'll have all summer to blame him and the rest of the team for not playing well enough to beat the Ducks if that's how tomorrow night plays out.

There's some funny stuff in your post too dude. 'Alfie is a cheap shot artist' (I paraphrased, but I think that's your point, right?) I watch a lot of Sens games and I can think of just two other incidents that were a bit sketchy, Tallinder and Tucker. Both were unpenalised, and there was no suspension. Did you miss that point? What other incidents do you use to come to your conclusion? The 'turning point' was not getting goals in the first period. As far as proving things - Alfie has already proven that he's the best player in the playoffs, bar none. Or did you just start watching yesterday?

GO SENS

BTW' date=' why is it that Domi was even brought up? [/quote']

I brought up Domi because he tried to kill the same player (Scott Niedermayer) in the 2001 playoffs. I also wanted to see what the reaction would be from you Leafs fans.

OK, I'll give you the Nedermayer connection :) I was at that game when Domi did that (along with a couple of Sens fans). It was dirty and was the event that led to the Leafs collapsing in that series. Just like Domi did to the Leafs, you'll be able to blame Alfie for the final nail in the coffin of the Sens season this year.

Hey, if Muckler still has a job, he could always dump Alfie and pick up Yashin to be the captain. He's out on the market right now :) :) :)

Edited by Guest