Jambands.ca

I'm on speed!

bradm

High-speed, that is, as in intenet access. My ADSL service was turned on today, and (afer some re-arranging that was needed due to the fact that my home was built in 1981, before it was common to put phone jacks everywhere }:( ) it was a breeze to get going. No more dial-up (and through the office, to boot) for this cowboy.

Now to figure out which show to upload first...

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. Even better, I just took a phone call while editing this post. :)

I'm uploading Vanderpark's Canada Day show at "that place" right now, mostly because I want to see how fast the connection is (so I can budget how long it'll take for uploads), and that's a nice one-CD show; the GTB and BNB from 2005-07-13 (both of which are two audio CDs) are probably next in line.

Aloha,

Brad

More like 2000. I tried FTPing a show to archive.org using the WinXP command-promtp FTP client (i.e., the program "ftp"), and one or two of the SHN files worked (especially the shortest one), but for most of them, I get an error mid-way through the transfer of the file:

Netout :Connection reset by peer

and then the FTP client dies. Since the main reason I got high-speed was for doing uploads, this bums me out quite a bit. Does anybody have any info/tips to get around this? Would using something like SmartFTP be better?

Aloha,

Brad

Well, my usual lane is actually the corporate lane: most of my on-line time (until now) has been at work, while at home, I was limited to dial-up, and even then, I was dialling in to the office, and going through the corporate 'net gateway, which was recently re-rigged to block access to archive.org :(, thus my need to get reasonably fast access to it at home.

The FTP upload speeds I was getting last night at home were about 1/3 of what I was getting at the office, which is OK, but I need to get much more reliable uploads working. I've got SmartFTP at the machine at home, so I'll give it a try tonight (he said, hopefully).

Aloha,

Brad

• 3 weeks later...