Jambands.ca

Leafs sign Lindros

Diggzz

That team being Ottawa.

Further proof you are a Toronto fan but afraid to come out of the closet. Jaimoe, just do it. You will feel a huge weight lifted from your shoulders.

How many 37 year olds are there out there without a favorite team, but have FIVE (or however many)of them?

Only ones that arent truly hockey fans, thats for sure.

Just come on out. Its ok.

I would and cheered for them against the Leafs whenever they met last season. Vicki, Don Lucey and some other Leaf fans got mad at me too.

Don't forget this true story Andre from Rose Cherry's wake ( I think I told you the story ):

I was talking with Brian Cherry and Tie Domi comes into the viewing area. Brian says " Do you want to meet Tie "? I said " Sure ".

So Brian brings me over to Tie and Tie, as he's shaking my hand says " So, I hear you're a Leafs fan ". I honestly, and some would say foolishly responded: " I like most of the Leafs ".

Tie stopped shaking my hand and frowned.

Honestly, honestly, honestly. Leaf fans are among the most unknowledgeable sport fans going. I hate them.

Check this out (from some message board):

You know what? Good. Finally. He was meant to play here and he finally will. Blah Blah Blah about him being a HEADcase, and about that one final hit.

Who cares if he finally gets hit and put out of the game. Fact is that however many games he plays this season, he will be scoring 1+ppg. For what JFJ is paying him it is a risk that must be taken at this point.

(Fact is pal, you are a complete moron. You SHOULD care if he gets hit and put out of the game because HE WONT BE PLAYING if that happens.)

I can't help but laugh that the Leafs finally signed Lindros and Leaf nation rejoices. But I won't be laughing when he ends up as a vegetable by age 35. Who his advising this guy on his career? Oh wait, it's his father.

Breaking News...

Eric Lindros has been placed on the Injured List. Reports say Lindros was leaving the Maple Leaf offices when a sudden gust of wind picked up and slammed a seagull feather into Eric. The blow caused his 1700th concussion.

Leaf owner ship is not concerned. At this moment they are trying to talk Erics brother Brett out of retirement.

John Ferguson was over heard saying that he belives he can sign Brett for 2 years at 1.3 each.

Still kinda shaking my head about the addition of Lindros...only time will tell the future of "Concussion Boy", though he has respectable stats...

Rumour has it that the Leafs management are looking at the 2006 season as they will have more money to buy & trade than the teams that bought this year...yah, I know, rumours are just that...

Wonder if I'll get to pull out my playoff toque this season and for how many games...

Leafs.jpg

Lindros was still a bargain at 1.55 million with no bonus incentives. According to the Toronto Sun's Steve Simmons ( one of the better hockey writers in the country ), Ottawa went hard after Lindros. It made sense that teams would take a flyer on Eric given his relative cheap market value.