Jambands.ca

Allmans tune suggestions

The Chameleon

What tune would you like to see the Allmans play that they don't usually?

:) I personally dig the ABB a bunch and have seen them 10-15 times over the years. However my one beef is that they don't vary thier setlists egnough.

So what song/rarity do you wanna hear?

I want to hear PEGASUS. They never play that!

abb-ccp-setlist.jpg

Edited by Guest
there is a bug in long subject names. I changed it and added the question (subject title) to the post.

However my one beef is that they don't vary thier setlists egnough.

I want to hear PEGASUS. They never play that!

When have they ever varied their set-lists? Check their body of work tour by tour from their inception. The sets are basically the same since the Allmans aren't the most prolific band in the world.

Also, they have many anthems that they have to play. Pegasus is a good instrumental, but they never play songs from the Enlightened Rogues/Win, Lose or Draw era. It may have a lot to do with that era being a dark chapter in their history, one that they'd like to forget. They should.

Edited by Guest

i love the ABB. pre 72 and the current Derek era. so i would have to say something from the Duane era as i'm sure every does. what about Dimples? i'm sure they don't go near it considering who used to sing it.

i really dig a lot of the pre ABB stuff, i think i've heard 90% of it at least. well i hope so otherwise i have a lot more hunting to do. it would be cool if they busted out something super old. maybe a charged up revamper version.

Please Call Home

No Jay, they do play Dickey tunes now. The longer he's out of the band, the more they seem willing to add them into their sets. Of course, I think it's wrong to have Warren or Greg sing Ramblin' Man, Blue Sky or any other Dickey-sung songs.

However, the more albums this version of the ABB puts out, the less you'll hear Dickey tunes - IMO.

I hope they play some DICKEY TUNES.. i hear since Dickey was booted they stop playing his tunes... that would really suck.. Melissa, Jessica, Ramblin' Man, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, and many more...

I was really surprised last summer when they bused out "Layla" what a treat.

Gregg wrote Melissa.

*see meggo get up on her faux ABB high horse* ;)

southbound is a fun one i haven't often heard...

i've heard them do please call home just once, i believe it was cleveland '98... and 'ain't wastin time no more' used to be a common opener, i love that one too!

one that i really like although it borders on too much country is 'seven turns'; now that dickey is gone i doubt that'll happen. 'come on in my kitchen' is a great one to do a little jig to, i think i've only caught that one maybe once as well. black hearted woman, revival, one more saturday night [i know it's GD but i have a recording of them doing it], warren kills 'dreams' but i guess that's out too... oh man too many. statesboro, you don't love me, one way out, trouble no more, no one to run with, high falls...

hooooooo it's been 3 years since my last date with the brothers and i am STOKED! :) :) :)

Edited by Guest
spellin

I saw the Allman Brother Band perform the Band classic "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" at bonnaroo in June. It would be great to hear the Allmans perform this song written by the great Canadian Robbie Robertson in Toronto.

In 1997 I saw the Wallflowers perform "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" at the Molson Amphitheatre. It was interesting as Jacob Dylan looks at Robbie and Levon Helm and the rest of the Band as like uncles, who helped raise him as he was growing up.

In 1997 I saw the Wallflowers perform "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" at the Molson Amphitheatre. It was interesting as Jacob Dylan looks at Robbie and Levon Helm and the rest of the Band as like uncles, who helped raise him as he was growing up.

Too bad his father, Robbie and Levon didn't influence Jacob enough for him to be a good songwriter and perform exciting inspiring music.